support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Stolen Saxomyphone!

I had to get that translated. Honestly, Latin? It'd be easier if you wrote in German. At least German's a useful language......

(Look, that's just a joke, all you scholars, OK?)
The oly German i can remember is "i have fourteen pencils" guess thats not very useful....

Honi soit qui mal y pense was translated by Sellars and Yeatman (1066 And All That, a definitive history) as "Honey your silk stocking's hanging down". And if you look up the history of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, you'll see what a brilliant mistranslation it was.

Fairport Convention had the double bass being played with a French stick on TOTP when they performed their Latin translation of one of Zimmerman's songs.

Was the sax ever recovered? I hope it was insured.

When I lived in Chicago during the 80s I brought my MKVI Alto and a Selmer soprano in for repairs at a shop recommended by a colleague at work (her family owned the shop). After a couple of weeks, I started to ask her about when they would be finished. The following Monday she failed to show up to work, and when I stopped by the the shop I found it vacant. I lived in an apartment and the insurance didn't cover them. It makes your heart feel like someone's stomped on it and your throat is being choked all at once. People are desperate - I always keep my horns close by, and insured now. Lesson learned, but it still burns.

Heard he got it back several weeks ago now, guess money talks! noticed he kept his sax very close by his side last night on Ross!

Having re-read parts of this thread, I wish to clarify:

• I have HEARD of Madness
  • I doubt if I could NAME anything they have written/played/performed
  • I have never watched the X Factor

Having checked wiki entry, it appears I was in 5th/6th form when they started out in the 70s.

I bet you'd recognise every song they've done if you heard it though. And they've done so many. An integral part of my formative years.

What is the X factor? Latin sunblock factor 10.

Nice when stolen good are returned. Or was it sax napped for the reward?

Now will Kev slap my legs for altering quotes? The air fares must be ruining him financially. Keep altering the quotes guys and we'll eventually get rid of him.

Hiding things in pale yellow doesn't mean we can't see it, you know. >:)
Did you want Kev to come over and slap your legs? Ooo eeerrr missus! :)))

As for the OP, I have heard of Madness (the sound track of my youth) and I have heard of the X-factor, but I have never watched it, although my daughter does so avidly.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Madness going politically correct...

Does this hark back to Aldevis's (?) old avatar?

A linear choice for this condominium.

Linea2.jpg

I'm bumping an old thread, here, as I recall hearing Lee Thompson interviewed on BBC Radio 4 a while back, on a similar topic.
Loose Ends is the programme. Lee T recounted a story of being out with friends around London. He has been honest about being a ' bit of a lad' at times (Borstal, etc).
On this occasion, some of the group burgled a music store, and Lee was presented with... a Selmer Mark VI. I wonder if this is the same one? Still waiting to get to its rightful owner, perhaps.