All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Stolen Saxomyphone!

Fraser Jarvis

Just heard that Lee Thompson had his silver plated MK6 stolen from the x factor studios last Sunday night! unbelievable! anyway apparently there is an award out for it's safe return.....so be wary of any cheaper than cheap silver 6 tenors on e bay etc!

jonf

Very sad, but not unbelievable. It's a high value item, and thieves have no regard to the personal value the owners of property may have.

In my experience, dodgy gear is far more likely to turn up on a totally unregulated site like preloved than eBay. Hopefully some honest person will spot it and return it to its rightful owner.

jonf

Well done. The more widely that SN gets circulated, the better the chances of a recovery.

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
far more likely to turn up on a totally unregulated site like preloved than eBay. Hopefully some honest person will spot it and return it to its rightful owner.
Probably sold to modern equivalent of a pawnshop before anyone knew it was stolen.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Probably sold to modern equivalent of a pawnshop before anyone knew it was stolen.
It has been stolen from a studio...

Once my VI was stolen from the boot (trunk) of my car. Radio, camera, bits and bobs were ignored. It was a commission, possibly by a local saxophone player (a local police officer, BTW). Luckily the thief saw people coming and chucked it in the bushes, where I found it, helped by all the staff of the venue I was playing in.

I hope none of my colleagues can be so mean to buy a stolen horn.

wyocollins

That blows. (no pun intended).

I once had a beautiful '71 Aria guitar stolen while couch surfing in Phoenix. I was simply taking some luggage into my bud's apartment and when I returned, gone! Those bastards didn't even know what they got. I feel for you and the loss of your sax.

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
I should say 'Bast***s' is entirely appropriate!! Beyond belief but unfortunately happens all too often.

I was recently in Woodwind Exchange and got chatting a very nice young man who was trying out some mpcs. He had his entire kit stolen for the second time. He is a gigging musician who can't work without his gear and can't afford new gear without working.

I hope this sax is returned to it's rightful owner.

jonf

I think everythign has to be seen in context, and in this case, even on a family forum it is, in my opinion, entirely justifiable. As long as things don't go the way of certain motorcycling forums I've been known to visit (which I would not want my kids to participate in) I don't see a problem. Similar sentiments are echoed by the BBC and most other organisations which practice respectful self censorship.

Anyway, back on topic. Any news? And where are the X Factor studios? Opportunistic thefts are usual local. Obviously, if it was nicked to order it could be anywhere by now.

Young Col

No, I should moderate myself.
Indeed, you don't know there was more than one of them.
I don't know who Lee Thompson is but it's any awful thing to happen to anyone. Hope he gets it back and the thief(s) apprehended.

Fraser Jarvis

Anyway, back on topic. Any news? And where are the X Factor studios? Opportunistic thefts are usual local. Obviously, if it was nicked to order it could be anywhere by now.[/QUOTE]Not heard anything, but when you see x factor on the telly theres that many people milling around in the dressing rooms and so-forth it would be easy for some brazen low life to make off with it, if they were just chancers and don't know what they have i guess its only a matter of time before it shows up on ebay or they may even try to off load it on cash converters just to raise enough dough for their next fix....on the other hand if it was a professional gang who have been targeting him for a while they probably all ready have an unscrupulous buyer/player lined up to take it and it may never be found, unless it goes in for repair at some point in the future and an eagle eyed tech spots it, do repair tech's keep lists of stolen instruments i wonder?

jonf

when you see x factor on the telly theres that many people milling around in the dressing rooms and so-forth it would be easy for some brazen low life to make off with it, if they were just chancers and don't know what they have i
Ah, now, Fraser, there's the difference between us. I've never in my life seen X Factor........

And for you, Colin, Lee Thompson, or Kix Thompson was the sax player in Madness. Err, yes, Madness. Hmm. A popular beat combo from the 1980s.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom