support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

StaxofSax Workshop April 20th 2011

littleplum

The 5th workshop for StaxofSax has been confirmed for the 20th April 2011 at the Leicester South Salvation Army Hall, South Wigston.

As the last one was well received we have decided to keep the format the same. Large and small ensemble work with performance opportunities during the day, hard work but fun is the aim of the day.

We had 5 forum members at the last one and each one raises a donation for Petes Charity fund, So come a put a face to a name and have a good days playing into the bargain.

Cost of the day is £30 pp and is open to anyone aged 11 or over and with 12 months playing experience.

pm me for more details

Hope to see you soon

regards

Dave:)

I'd love to come along to this, I'm definitely over 11, but have no idea if I meet the "playability" criteria, what I'm trying to say is that the length of time I've been torturing the neighbourhood cats and my family has no bearing on my ability :D

Hi Dave, thoroughly enjoyed the last one, so please reserve me a place. Thanks, Sue

Hi Jason

Glad you enjoyed the day, we certainly did. The general consensus seems to be of the same opinion as you. It was good to meet Dooce on his first event, and its nice to have a bari player.
We started with an arrangement of When will I see you again for large ensemble and Uptown Girl, with the small group pieces including New York New York including leg kicks, Funk four and Do you wanna Dance with some very good performances after just an hour working on the piece. I think some people suprised themselves with what they are capable of.

I hope that people also take away some ideas that they can work on in their own time.
The nest workshop is booked for the 1st of June and as Jason so kindly wrote, dont hesitate to join us for a fun music making day.

I have put the pictures on our facebook page, so have a look and comments are very welcome.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/StaxofSax-Saxophone-workshops/122842331092670

Regards

Dave