support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Song help?

The old dear looks blooming marvellous too :)

(Targa don’t !!!)

I play at old folks homes so thanks for the list and suggestions

Sorry I know this is an old thread, however you could add things like:
When the saints
Moon River
Shanondoh
Singin in the rain
I cant give you anything but love
Star Dust
the shiek of Araby
Russian Lullaby
Ida, Sweet as apple Cider
Everybody loves my baby
Out of Nowhere
Dipsy Doodle
They Say
Night over Shanghai
Blue Moon
I guess ill have to dream the rest
Maria Elena
Shine on harvest Moon
Whistle while you work
Madelon
Theres a long, long trail
Roses of Picardy
Pack up your troubles in an old kit bag
Im always chasing rainbows
Will you remember
Keep the home fires burnin
au revoir but not goodbye

the list is endless, It depends on what kind of crowd you have really

Sorry I know this is an old thread, however you could add things like:
When the saints
Moon River
Shanondoh
Singin in the rain
I cant give you anything but love
Star Dust
the shiek of Araby
Russian Lullaby
Ida, Sweet as apple Cider
Everybody loves my baby
Out of Nowhere
Dipsy Doodle
They Say
Night over Shanghai
Blue Moon
I guess ill have to dream the rest
Maria Elena
Shine on harvest Moon
Whistle while you work
Madelon
Theres a long, long trail
Roses of Picardy
Pack up your troubles in an old kit bag
Im always chasing rainbows
Will you remember
Keep the home fires burnin
au revoir but not goodbye

the list is endless, It depends on what kind of crowd you have really
Fabulous. Thank you so much. :thumb:

Yes, I have my backing tracks & sheet music linked together using ForScore on my iPad. I use a Qtx10 speaker (via the headphones socket on the iPad into the Mic socket of the speaker)
QTX QR10PA Portable Active PA Speaker at Gear4music

But whatever speaker you use, make sure beforehand that it had enough volume. What may seem loud on its own, can be too quiet to play sax over.

Obviously, you can use sheet music, and a separate MP3 player device into a speaker. The advantage of ForScore is that you teach it when the pages need turning and it just does it for you when you play!
Is that a 50 watt amp or 150 watt amp?
I found I didn’t need an amp. They could here me fine enough.

My hypothesis based upon my own life experience is that most people are "imprinted" with the songs they listened to in their teenage years. I was born in December 1947 so I fit in the "hits of the 1960's category. I am assuming that many of the same songs were popular in the UK. Perhaps there was a show similar to "The Hit Parade" in your country.

Is that a 50 watt amp or 150 watt amp?
I found I didn’t need an amp. They could here me fine enough.
The amp is for the backing tracks and vocals.
@MandyH I've just acquired the 15" version. The blue tooth is much better than the earphone mic route. I just noticed the 10 doesn't have bluetooth so try the rca sockets. Much better.

@MandyH I've just acquired the 15" version. The blue tooth is much better than the earphone mic route. I just noticed the 10 doesn't have bluetooth so try the rca sockets. Much better.
I’ve got one of these little adventurer speakers for backtracks and adding vocals. It’s a great little waterproof Bluetooth speaker. I’ve got all my songs on my iPhone.
6CCB18F0-40BD-4EF2-AEE9-0873BE5C18AE.jpeg

Last edited:
I just googled adventurer speaker and it came up with Ranolph Feines. :confused:
Here’s one on eBay that has some info.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_P2SgI_RMXA

My experience with bluetooth speakers is that there is a lag between video and audio.
So having set up ForScore to turn the pages, it is turning the pages late (or maybe early, but definitely inconveniently) when using a bluetooth speaker!
Also challenging, is that when practicing at home with a metronome through a bluetooth speaker, the visual of the metronome and the audio are out of sync :confused:

I’ve got one of these little adventurer speakers for backtracks and adding vocals. It’s a great little waterproof Bluetooth speaker. I’ve got all my songs on my iPhone.View attachment 14847
Has anybody used the tiny Monster speakers (eg s300) for sax backing tracks for busking with any success? (I've got a Roland street cube which is fine for sound power but I need to drag it around on a sack truck..)