support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Saxrax saxophone stand review

jeremyjuicewah

Hi all. I hope this blatant puff piece is ok. I bought a double stand for bari and tenor/alto a few weeks ago from the good guys at sax.co.uk.

It was a pricey thing but I have been very frightened of sax stands ever since the cat knocked my first alto over and dented it quite badly when it was cupped in one of those stands that is not really a stand.

The saxrax stand is absolutely first class. The bell is gripped in a fork that it cannot slip out of and its all sturdy and the double config suits me just fine. I would have bought the triple but I thought its not always needed and may be hard to place with three saxes on it. So, I bought another single for tenor/alto and on the advice of sax.co.uk I spoke to saxrax who agreed to make a special for me, a small mod that I wanted done.

It was carried out just as I wanted, no problems no difficulty, and it was just a tenner more than standard.

So many thanks to sax.co.uk and many thanks to saxrax. If you need a stand, this has to be the nuez del perro. As we say over here.

Cheers
Mike

SAXRAX - Combo Stand - Baritone with Alto/Tenor Stand - Sax.co.uk

Yep, I am delighted with these pieces of metal. The bari especially is a hard thing to handle at a gig, you cant lay the thing down, it would be tripping everyone up, and it needs a bit of substance in the support and its not the easiest thing to just reach down and pick up. Not without doing about thirty quid in reeds per gig. So above is the link for the sax rack model that I have found that does exactly what you would want it to do.

Prof, I always wondered what the profile of your image would look like, I had not guessed the length of your nose, but the general impression of sagacity and well being is no surprise.

Mike