All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Accessories Amazing Saxophone Stand from K&M

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
Maybe others have seen these before, but they are new to me---a sturdy sax stand that fits inside the bell of the sax inside the case. Is that cool or what? It was about $36.00 U.S. for the alto stand and about $40.00 for the tenor. It is named the "K & M Midget Collapsible Stand".

Jonesy

Old Fart At Play
Locality
Birmingham, UK
Neat.
And you'll remember where you put it when you start playing.

MontyMac

Locality
Houston, Texas
I had purchased the Hercules version, the TravLite http://www.herculesstands.com/Images/band/DS432BMain.jpg
when I had my daughter's Aristocrat Tenor on loan. Wasn't terribly impressed. Had to do some grinding on the bell brace hinge to get it to open enough, but it's serviceable.

Even before I got my first Bari I noticed no one made an "in bell" stand for them, as even the light weights aren't stable enough. After the first stand I bought almost caused a nasty fall, (a Dansr) I won't put a Bari on anything but a Hercules.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Locality
Sunny Aberdeenshire
I have the K&M Saxxy stands (alto and tenor) which also fold up and fit in the bell, but they're quite fiddly to assemble-this looks like a neater idea. And yes, I frequently get part way through orchestra rehearsal and find myself fishing it out of the bell so I can play the low notes:oops: !

Last edited:

ellinas

Locality
Athens, Greece
Wow. I ll try it! Thanx jbtsax! I think this will fit nicely in my protec case :)

jazzdoh

Locality
West Midlands
I had purchased the Hercules version, the TravLite http://www.herculesstands.com/Images/band/DS432BMain.jpg
when I had my daughter's Aristocrat Tenor on loan. Wasn't terribly impressed. Had to do some grinding on the bell brace hinge to get it to open enough, but it's serviceable.

Even before I got my first Bari I noticed no one made an "in bell" stand for them, as even the light weights aren't stable enough. After the first stand I bought almost caused a nasty fall, (a Dansr) I won't put a Bari on anything but a Hercules.

I have the Hercules TravLite and i wouldn't recommend it,i don't use now but saxes are not stable on this stand,although i can recommend their standard alto and tenor stands.

Last edited:

Greg sax

Locality
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Maybe others have seen these before, but they are new to me---a sturdy sax stand that fits inside the bell of the sax inside the case. Is that cool or what? It was about $36.00 U.S. for the alto stand and about $40.00 for the tenor. It is named the "K & M Midget Collapsible Stand".
I bought one of these about 3 years ago for my tenor. I use it all the time when I transport my horn anywhere. It is sturdy and dependable, as you stated. What I didn't realise is that it was designed to fit inside the bell of the horn. Thanks for that.

davidk

Paints With Notes
Locality
Earth
With my Kiwi neck and mouthpiece pouch stuffed down the bell, there isn't room for my Sax Holder, yet alone for a saxophone stand. Maybe I need to get a big bell horn :)

Thanks for the info jbtsax - I've got a K & M Saxxy, but hadn't heard of the Midget.

U CAN CALL ME AL

Café Supporter
Locality
Undy Monmouthshire U.K.
Take care if you have an earlyYAS62 mkI with the continuous key guard the equal length of the lower arms of the Midget may interfere with the C sharp key/tone hole and it may be unstable. K & M Saxxy make a stand specifically for the YAS 62 with the long key guard although fiddly to assemble it fits the bill perfectly and stores inside the bell.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
I had serious issues with K&M stands, including unpleasant customer relations.
Try well before you buy.

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Basic K&M (the big one, not much foldable) or basic Hercules

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
Many people use it. Just pay some attention: a mkVI was on the floor last monday, but a rubber piece was missing.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
There's another one with a slightly different yoke which I've got. Works well. Also takes a fitting for straight sop. DS530BB. Or with the sop peg included DS533BB. Sop peg can go left or right. Really solid.

Mine folds nicely.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
There's another one with a slightly different yoke which I've got. Works well. Also takes a fitting for straight sop. DS530BB. Or with the sop peg included DS533BB. Sop peg can go left or right. Really solid.

Mine folds nicely.

That's neat thanks Kev

Jx

aldevis

Surrealist Contributor.
Cafe Moderator
Locality
London
K&M '14306' standard alto or tenor saxophone stand (£25 from Howarth)
or the one recommended by kev (£27 from sax.co.uk). I use both.

Downside of the Hercules is the yellow bit (unless you have yellow wallpaper), but it is quite portable too.

Members online

No members online now.

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom