• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Accessories Saxophone Mutes 101

I don't doubt these things work but damn do they look absolutely ridiculous. It'd be like if a flute player realized that putting an inflated balloon over the end of the head joint instead of a cap made a better sound. It might sound a little better, sure, but is it worthit?
 
It is certainly worth it if one is striving for a dark round classical tone. The mute sits low enough inside the bell that it is not visible to the audience anyway. I used one all through college including my master's recital. If I get the time, I will put up a recording using the mute to demonstrate the sound produced.
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,262
Messages
576,078
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom