support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Sax On A Plane

Hi Horn players !

I know altos can be taken as hand luggage for planes with slim line case etc...but does anybody know if a Tenor can as well ?

Probably sounds silly to ask but hey what u dont know u dont know !

Kind wishes to all
I've never failed to get my tenor in as hand luggage to date (boy is that statement asking for trouble!)

Nor have I. But there again, I have never tried.

Rhys
sax folks are a clever bunch ! The nearest thing I get to being Zen is constantly cultivating a beginners mind .....,being a beginner at most things helps me alot. Kind wishes

:headscratch:
Helps you allot what to what?
A beginners mind is open and does not fall into the common pitfalls of arrogance and ego so I like to cultivate it .Every moment of focus / awareness is fresh and new .That is why I think too much repetition is stifling .In the Arts I believe a beginners mind helps in ‘ creating ‘ ......I think even noobie dumbos like me can create on the Sax .But hey that is just my view and I am happy people have the freedom to disagree with me .....kind wishes .

A beginners mind is open and does not fall into the common pitfalls of arrogance and ego so I like to cultivate it .Every moment of focus / awareness is fresh and new .That is why I think too much repetition is stifling .In the Arts I believe a beginners mind helps in ‘ creating ‘ ......I think even noobie dumbos like me can create on the Sax .But hey that is just my view and I am happy people have the freedom to disagree with me .....kind wishes .

Releasing a single note is creating. Creating a note that is pure of sound is a product of awareness. Repetition is a vehicle of focus.

If creating is the product of intention, is it an act of arrogance?

If a sound is created without intention, is it music?

If your creation is not musical, do I have to listen to it? <only this last bit is sarcastic>

Last edited:
^^^
Very philosophical ... but does it have to do with allotting stuff???

Last edited:
^^^
I'm still none the wiser ...
Hey buddy ....I will try to explain ...being a beginner at most things helps alot.’alot ‘ means it helps to a great extent .that is all,and being a beginner means having a beginners mind etc...as explained by me .’ Alot ‘ is not a noun but an adjective .kind wishes

Releasing a single note is creating. Creating a note that is pure of sound is a product of awareness. Repetition is a vehicle of focus.

If creating is the product of intention, is it an act of arrogance?

If a sound is created without intention, is it music?

If your creation is not musical, do I have to listen to it? <only this last bit is sarcastic>
Hey I like your viewpoint .tbh I believe in the power of one note and that expression / emotions can be diminished in fast flurry ( which I cannot do anyway !ahhahaha ) .I was purporting to the arrogance / ego of a very experienced person at pretty much anything .Our sensory inputs are distorted if ego/ arrogance is engaged .I think all music is created and has an intention energy inside it , to me this is why music is the freedom of all freedoms .2 people will not sound exactly the same playing the same music .To me creating is the highest art and is best done with an ‘ empty cup mind ‘ .Also there is the paradox in music / life where...the more you learn an artform the MORE you realise how much can be improved ! So ultimately the experienced musician wants to return to being the beginner and examine every facet of his / her playing .....Discourse is healthy , so thks for your comment .kind wishes .

Hey buddy ....I will try to explain ...being a beginner at most things helps alot.’alot ‘ means it helps to a great extent .that is all,and being a beginner means having a beginners mind etc...as explained by me .’ Alot ‘ is not a noun but an adjective .kind wishes

I think that you and @stitch are at cross purposes. Does this help ?

1619642931582.png

Rhys

Back
Top Bottom