support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Reeds Reeds at £1 each

Bit disappointed too. My reeds weren't in stock but only told about it on the paperwork when it arrived this morning. In itself that's not the end of the world, but I'd added a small item only on the basis that I was ordering a number of reeds. I'd never have purchased it alone, it was only worth if it added to an order.

So result is I buy a cheap item, and when you add the postage to that item on it's own there's no real saving - certainly not enough to make me NOT buy it locally.

Need a better checkout system if they're going to offer clearout prices when they only have low stocks.

Live and learn...

Refund came through this evening. So, clearly a reasonable bunch of guys, just need to sort out their stock system a bit better.

Just imagine what this has cost them... Cost of refunds, image... Would have been better to order in a few more reeds, even if they went out below cost.

Yup. Still, having said that, I still got four RJS tenor reeds for four quid, instead of the usual £12 to £14.

I'd probably use this shop again, but next time will ring, and just buy whatever they've got. Incidentally, Kev, at a quid each they're already going out at below cost, I think.

...Incidentally, Kev, at a quid each they're already going out at below cost, I think.

Yup, I'd guess that as well. Overstock? Or just a loss leader to get trade going after Xmas. We'll probably mever know, just a few guys got disappointed, that's all. At least there's no cash been lost by customers...

I haven't received my order yet:(

mamos

Nor me. I did get a partial refund via paypal today .. but having ordered several items, I aint sure yet what I've got and haven't got, since no one single item added up to the refund value. :confused:

I ordered some books on Friday and they haven't turned up. But I had them delivered to home instead of work and we have had problems with our post. I'm assuming as I haven't had a refund they're on their way!

Received my part order today, pad saver & crook brush but alas no reeds; they also say I will be refunded £5...

Found out why i haven't received anything yet

I didn't have enough in my paypal account so the money had to be transfered from my bank account which takes 5 days:(

Doubt whether there will be any reeds left by the time they send my order out

mamos

Got mine today too. No reeds or Rovner ligature alas.:(

Need to find some reeds elswhere.. any suggestions?
BTW what's the difference between French Filed and unfiled? how does it impact on playing and tonality?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a refund for two of the books - so the third one should be on it's way!!

Just spoken to them on the phone and my Rovner tenor dark lig is ready to be dispatched but they have run out of plasticover reeds so I just told them to send an assortment of reeds around the same strength so I get to try some different reeds

mamos

My full order of 10 reeds arrived today. Great value.

Got mine today too. No reeds or Rovner ligature alas.:(

Need to find some reeds elswhere.. any suggestions?
BTW what's the difference between French Filed and unfiled? how does it impact on playing and tonality?

I usually get my reeds from Reeds Direct and they always arrive by return.
Filed reeds are supposed to increase flexibility I think, but I personally have not noticed any difference. Try both and see what you think.

Back
Top Bottom