support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Red Kites, Other Birds & Wildlife in General

Thanks J. Our sons gave us a Sony Cybershot compact camera for Christmas. They've been over here from where they live in Germany for two weeks so we've been out and about a bit. It's the first chance I've had to use the camera much outdoors and I'm impressed with it considering it is a compact.

Saw a pair of small birds today perching on and lifting off a wire field fence as we cycled past

I tried to memorise the markings but, as ever, when I was home looking at pictures of likely birds I almost lost the mental images

However... wheatears are what I saw, and very pleased I am to make their acquaintance

Later on we passed an oystercatcher on a fence that stayed so steadfast we could gaze into its beady crimson eye

To my delight, when I moved in to my old adobe here in the high desert, I soon discovered our imediate neighborhood is also home to a pair of these lovelies.

Roadrunners. We have a bonded pair that lives in our 'hood. Head to tail about a meter long. Quite cheeky birds, too. They will walk right past you, perhaps a couple feet away, look you in the eye as if to say 'good day, gents'.

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 9.32.55 AM.png

Alas, not much resemblance to the more well-known example....
Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 9.38.33 AM.png

Perhaps it's a green one been at the red wine :)

Jx

Back
Top Bottom