SYOS

Red Kites, Other Birds & Wildlife in General

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
View attachment 7365
When a chick gets fed it sticks it's backside up and the adult takes the little parcel presented and drops it a distance from the box.
The starlings nesting in our roof space do the same thing

Trouble is the poo carrying adults drop their own parcels all along their flight path across a patio

Curses

Alice

Psychedelic
Subscriber
That reminds me of a trip to Hastings when emerging from the arcades, my Ex got bombed by a flock of seagulls... the leader actually tilted its backside to fire and was perfectly on target. Funniest thing ever.

Targa

Among the pigeons
Subscriber
That reminds me of a trip to Hastings when emerging from the arcades, my Ex got bombed by a flock of seagulls... the leader actually tilted its backside to fire and was perfectly on target. Funniest thing ever.
You birds stick together.

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
And just saw a beaver but no time for a photo.
That reminds me of when we were in America staying with friends there was a creek behind their house which they occasionally saw beavers in, my husband was desperate to get a photo of one so we got one of the kids toy beavers, stuck it on the porch and shouted for him to be quick there was a beaver, never seen him move so fast running for camera and out on to the deck.....

Was very funny :)

Jx

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
That reminds me of when we were in America staying with friends there was a creek behind their house which they occasionally saw beavers in, my husband was desperate to get a photo of one so we got one of the kids toy beavers, stuck it on the porch and shouted for him to be quick there was a beaver, never seen him move so fast running for camera and out on to the deck.....

Was very funny :)

Jx
They may do that to me here at my sister in law's house (and twelve aces of woods) in the Blue Ridge Mountains, I'm waiting to see a bear. No luck yet.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
We decided we not to stick around. Lovely as bearcubs are, usually a very protective mama bear is close by. In this case I do believe she was just round the corner doing what bears do in the woods.

Ivan

Undecided
Subscriber
Buzzards are mobbed by rooks hearabouts but at the weekend I saw different combatants engaged in similar behaviour

A very cross swallow was chasing away a magpie, staying above the much bigger bird and swooping down with a babble of twittering. I assume the magpie had been mooching about looking for chicks

I couldn't tell if the magpie had grabbed a meal but the swallows nest in the woodshed seemed untroubled and still crammed with chicks

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom