• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Cafe Announcements 📣 Recording Thread - Request for Host

Hi All

After I don't know how many years service to the café recording threads @nigeld is taking a well earned retirement from preparing dots and backing tracks. I am sure you will all join @Pete Thomas and me in saying a huge thank you for his efforts over the years. Thank you Nigel you have been an absolute star.

Without someone to provide the dots and backing tracks we would struggle to keep the threads going as I know many hosts don't have the necessary programmes and/or knowledge to produce them.

Fortunately I have found three willing volunteers to step in and help. Thank you to @rhysonsax @sax panther and @mrblackbat for answering my plea 😃

If you can produce your own when hosting that's great if you can also volunteer to help other members to lighten the load please let me know.

Jx
Hi @Jeanette

Perfect timming.. id like to get involved more...hopefully I can liase with @nigeld to find out how it is done.. I think I can manage the track but the dots are tricky.. think we all owe him for making the monthlys possible
 
I think I can manage the track but the dots are tricky..

I'm happy to help get lead sheets ready for you if you want to host march
Just a reminder for everyone. I wish it wasn’t so but we cannot distribute any copyright sheet music or tracks on the Cafe. Backing tracks without melody that you create yourself are usually going to be OK.

You can link to stuff on other sites as long as they are legal and not pirate sites.
 
Just a reminder for everyone. I wish it wasn’t so but we cannot distribute any copyright sheet music or tracks on the Cafe.wawas Backing tracks without melody that you create yourself are usually going to be OK.

You can link to stuff on other sites as long as they are legal and not pirate sites.
I was looking into this @Pete Thomas. Only briefly. There is such a thing as a photo copy licence for charities; which enables sharing as it does not breach copyright. I buy all my sheets from " music notes" with authorisation to use, not share. The licence is valid for a year maybe we could all fund it..Ive not looked into the cost yet..
 
There is such a thing as a photo copy licence for charities;
We are not a charity. If the licence as you say is only for one person and sharing on the Cafe would be a copyright infringement we cannot risk. If you think otherwise, send me a copy of the licence or a link.
 

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,265
Messages
576,209
Members
8,084
Latest member
Richard Walker
Back
Top Bottom