support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Pivot screws for conn nw11

Jamesmac

Hi All
As the title suggests, I am after some Pivot Screws for a Conn NW11. Any thoughts appreciated. I have purchased some Pivot Screws from Dawkes Music, but they have the wrong thread.

Or ferrees tools in the US, they're really quick and have huge range of parts.

Hi James,

I am away at the moment but have some pivot screws. I have come across 2 types of pivot screw for the the New Wonder II models. do you need the screws that are locked in place with the tiny grub screws? similar to the top screw in this picture
http://1.1.1.2/bmi/i.imgur.com/2S7Xt.jpg

Hi James,

I am away at the moment but have some pivot screws. I have come across 2 types of pivot screw for the the New Wonder II models. do you need the screws that are locked in place with the tiny grub screws? similar to the top screw in this picture
http://1.1.1.2/bmi/i.imgur.com/2S7Xt.jpg

Hi Grifff
Yes exactly . The ones that have the tiny grub screw in the post. all the heads are in a bad way, i think from unscrewing the pivot screw, and not noticing the grub screw on the other side of the post. Anyway if i can buy some from you, it would be a great help. I have cleaned up {removed remaining the ugly lacquer} on one of my NWs which in the process of being set-up. So one is sorted, but i have another three, one that i need a whole set of pivot screws, and the other two which i would like to get a full set, from mem 3 or 4 for each horn.
Re. Jamesmac

The only source for the vintage Conn pivot screws that I am aware of is Kraus Music Products, and he sells only to members of the repair industry. I was just checking pivot screw prices the other day to restock my shop and from my list is the following information:

Old Conn pivot screw curved end....... $2.50 ea.
Old Conn pivot screw straight end...... $2.50 ea.
Old Conn pivot screw set screw......... $0.95 ea

I would be happy to order the number you need and send them to you at my cost plus shipping if there is no other way to get them. Too bad they are so expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only source for the vintage Conn pivot screws that I am aware of is Kraus Music Products, and he sells only to members of the repair industry. I was just checking pivot screw prices the other day to restock my shop and from my list is the following information:

I would be happy to order the number you need and send them to you at my cost plus shipping if there is no other way to get them. Too bad they are so expensive.

Thanks for that offer JBT. Very much appreciated, i will see what Griff has in the way of pivot screws and PM you if need be , hope thats OK.
BTW. I have a secure US address if needed. It is actually how i managed to buy all the vintage Conns.
Re. Jamesmac

Thanks for that offer JBT. Very much appreciated, i will see what Griff has in the way of pivot screws and PM you if need be , hope thats OK.
BTW. I have a secure US address if needed. It is actually how i managed to buy all the vintage Conns.
Re. Jamesmac

James I am away from the UK and will be for the next 4 weeks or so - you may want to take up JBT's offer unless you're happy to wait a month or so.

http://flic.kr/p/e18zdh
Hi JBT.
Griff is away at the moment, wont be back for a month, so if you can send 10 of the pivot screws.
Not sure of the type, but have included a pic.
Please PM me your email address for a paypal payment, and which address you prefer ie. US or UK.
Thanks a bundle.
PS. Don’t forgrt to include the Paypal charge, poss add 5% to your payment.
Re. Jamesmac

James I am away from the UK and will be for the next 4 weeks or so - you may want to take up JBT's offer unless you're happy to wait a month or so.

Thanks Griff
Firstly for the offer, and letting me know. I have left a post for JBT
Ta.

You're welcome james. If there's anything else you need just ask.

Hi John
looks like the pivot screws have arrived, will pick up on Tuesday, after the Easter Break, as there are charges to be paid to HM Customs. Keep you posted.
Jamesmac

Hi John
I picked up the Pivot Screws today. Perfect fit. I very much appreciate the trouble you went to to send me these. Anything I may be able to help you with this side of the Pond, just let me know. You have my email add.
BTW. I was able to download an MP3 of an old Stan Kenton Band arr for Pete Sacto (SOTW) from Amazon that was not available in the US. So there are some things available to us here in the UK that are not available in the US. ( not much I will admit)
Jamesmac