support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

opinion on scale learning,

Its a V I cadence all the way around.… C is V of F which is V of Bb etc etc.

Every improv teacher and coach I know or have read all teach to know lots of ii V I phrases. So one is learning acoustically and if one practices intelligently ….. mechanically ...…….scalar phrases that emphasize the V I part of the equation

When I was in jazz school I would do my long tones and overtones then work through the arpeggio/scale exercise I described earlier in this thread, then work phrase exercises back through the cycle. Then each day I would focus on a key and do the various scales and modes in that key. Finally a bit of work on songs. 4-6 hours a day plus rehearsing/gigging for 4 years. It took me nearly two years to forget it all and get to playing ROFL though I still do the arp scale exercise as a finger warmup after my long tone noodles

Its a V I cadence all the way around.… C is V of F which is V of Bb etc etc.

Every improv teacher and coach I know or have read all teach to know lots of ii V I phrases. So one is learning acoustically and if one practices intelligently ….. mechanically ...…….scalar phrases that emphasize the V I part of the equation

When I was in jazz school I would do my long tones and overtones then work through the arpeggio/scale exercise I described earlier in this thread, then work phrase exercises back through the cycle. Then each day I would focus on a key and do the various scales and modes in that key. Finally a bit of work on songs. 4-6 hours a day plus rehearsing/gigging for 4 years. It took me nearly two years to forget it all and get to playing ROFL though I still do the arp scale exercise as a finger warmup after my long tone noodles
man you are so far a head of me but thanks for your effort!!!!

Happy Birthday perhaps or Three Blind Saxophone Playing Mice
or what about:

Charlie Parker sat on a wall
Charlie Parker had a great fall
All the great sax techs and all the Cafe Sax men
Couldn't glue Charlie's Grafton together again.

Do it in C for a start then run around the circle of 5ths

Happy Birthday perhaps or Three Blind Saxophone Playing Mice
or what about:

Charlie Parker sat on a wall
Charlie Parker had a great fall
All the great sax techs and all the Cafe Sax men
Couldn't glue Charlie's Grafton together again.

Do it in C for a start then run around the circle of 5ths
hahahahaha....too funny......come on Spike>>>>

Without a teacher, “What scales (etc) to learn?” is a subject close to my heart, so thanks for starting this @chekre - here’s a couple of suggestions for when you’re away from your horn:
Learn the intervals between notes in each type of scale in whole/half steps aka tone/semitone
eg Major= TTSTTTS
Every type of scale will have its own arrangement which gives it its sound (sorry if this is blindingly obvious)

And learn the order of the Circle of Fifths/Fourths back to front and inside out. It gets more and more useful as time goes on.
Good luck