support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Old hasbeen.

Dave Wheatley

Dave here.
Used to play tenor and clarinet around the Leeds, Bradford area 1960s to 2000, incluing a couple of years at BVC, then moved to Scotland, where I'm still playing clarinet with a Dixie outfit, and lead alto with a rehearsall band.
If there is anybody old enough on here to remember me, it would be nice to get in touch!
Cheers, Dave

I played at Batley with Georgie Fame, probably 1970. We did a week there. One night, in the middle of our set, the club was raided by dozens of cops. Quick as a flash we went into the Z Cars theme with siren effects, hilarious. Perhaps you were there that nIght Dave? Welcome.

Hello Dave

I have many enjoyable memories of sitting in with the CTB at Brannigans. I also did a stint at BVC, not to mention WTC.

Hi Pete, ah, the Cherry Tree Band. Those were the days! I still contact some of the guys (and Gal) - well the ones still alive!

I played at Batley with Georgie Fame, probably 1970. We did a week there. One night, in the middle of our set, the club was raided by dozens of cops. Quick as a flash we went into the Z Cars theme with siren effects, hilarious. Perhaps you were there that nIght Dave? Welcome.

I was there 74 -75, but I don't remember seeing Georgie Fame, so that must have been earlier. 7 nights + Sunday afternoon bandcall after the blow at the Central Station pub in Leeds all for £46!

Thanks to all for the welcome.

Back
Top Bottom