• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
sax.co.uk

Old hasbeen.

Dave here.
Used to play tenor and clarinet around the Leeds, Bradford area 1960s to 2000, incluing a couple of years at BVC, then moved to Scotland, where I'm still playing clarinet with a Dixie outfit, and lead alto with a rehearsall band.
If there is anybody old enough on here to remember me, it would be nice to get in touch!
Cheers, Dave

Reed Warbler

I played at Batley with Georgie Fame, probably 1970. We did a week there. One night, in the middle of our set, the club was raided by dozens of cops. Quick as a flash we went into the Z Cars theme with siren effects, hilarious. Perhaps you were there that nIght Dave? Welcome.

Hello Dave

I have many enjoyable memories of sitting in with the CTB at Brannigans. I also did a stint at BVC, not to mention WTC.
Hi Pete, ah, the Cherry Tree Band. Those were the days! I still contact some of the guys (and Gal) - well the ones still alive!

I played at Batley with Georgie Fame, probably 1970. We did a week there. One night, in the middle of our set, the club was raided by dozens of cops. Quick as a flash we went into the Z Cars theme with siren effects, hilarious. Perhaps you were there that nIght Dave? Welcome.
I was there 74 -75, but I don't remember seeing Georgie Fame, so that must have been earlier. 7 nights + Sunday afternoon bandcall after the blow at the Central Station pub in Leeds all for £46!

Thanks to all for the welcome.