support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Oh My God !!!

MartinL

Was it the worst practice ever or the best?

I turned up for Monday's band practice to find, to my horror that I was the only Alto... my God.... no-one to hide me, no-one to follow. But I enjoyed it, yes I got lost more than normal with no other Alto to lead me, but the experience was great.

But worse, "OK, Eine Kleine" was heard from the front... Oh sh***uger, can I do that? but at bar 53, there are 4 simple bars of Alto only... and I've NEVER played alone in front of this lot...

I must say that despite being terrified, AND crap, I enjoyed this practice enormously..

I hope it's done me some good :))

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a learning curve mate - look on it as your de-flowering. It has to happen sometime and best that it happens with people that are gentle with you.

:)

Well done friend lol iv never done it but i can just imagine how you felt. You must be proud if not you should be
keep at it regards Tom.

I did enjoy it and want to do it again, only better next time... This "band" experience has helped my playing enormously, mainly with my timing and reading... still a long way to go but I would recommend it to anyone. Great fun too.

I have just in the last hour been invited to go and listen or sit in on the peterborough big band wooooooooooooooow i feel sick its on 19th aug. have i got the bottle lol lol lol i got to go bed i got some dreaming to do lol i dont believe it . Its gona go wrong ant it

I have just in the last hour been invited to go and listen or sit in on the peterborough big band wooooooooooooooow i feel sick its on 19th aug. have i got the bottle lol lol lol i got to go bed i got some dreaming to do lol i dont believe it . Its gona go wrong ant it

It's about six months now since my first "sit in" Tom, I've been every week since. met some great people and I have already appeared at two outdoor shows this summer and a "variety" show at the "Prince of Wales Theater".. I'm loving it, I'm sure you will too.

It happened to me last week, normallly 5 or 6 tenors, the whole lot of them had cleared off on holiday! leaving me, the newest player all on my lonesome.
I managed 1 that I was happy with, the rest I just played very quietly, still now that Ive done it it wont be so scary next time