support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Saxophones Odisei Travel Sax

Here's the website: Travel Sax | OdiseiMusic
First impressions - a bit pricey for a wind controller with no built in sound generator. €499
The EWI 5000 can be had for less ( €485 from Thomann). I suppose the sax-like keyboard would be attractive for some buyers but as always, bottom line is - it's not a saxophone, those keys are merely contact switches.

There's not a lot've info in the download hand book for the Odisei so I guess you need to watch all the tube vids to get a better impression.

I've had several wind controllers over the years and used them both live and to control synthesisers.
I tend to use a keyboard these days.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Hello Adrian63...

Pardon me, I'm the new kid on the block, and wasn't familiar with the protocol. I am a retiree who has been fortunate to reignite my passion for music. My main instruments are Alto & Soprano saxes. I had begun to perform again 'til things were turned upside down. My genres include jazz (traditional & contemporary), R & B, classic/soft rock and Gospel. I also play keyboards, have written, arranged and produced.
May I wish you and those you love a Happy Holiday! Stay safe.
...peace & blessings...

ghw3rd (aka mr. G)

Vote:
Upvote 0
I am , unfortunately , familiar with this device. I did order it a long while ago when there was very little information about it, only some pages saying how you can play with your own mouthpieces . The very expensive prices also lead me to believe that this is some kind of innovative start up. When I received it, it turned to be a rather low quality 3d printed midi controller with a lagging bluetooth app that produced terrible sounds. It is not easy to produce a tune with it as the whole thing is not very reliable , although maybe you can adjust to it and start producing something. My total play time with this toy is maybe 1 or 2 hours , I can't even sell this now. I think I'll wait for the right moment and give it to somebody I really dislike saying: with this tool you will play saxophone in no time, just practice it 2 hours a day for a month.

Vote:
Upvote 0
I guess this started as a Kickstarter project ? I ordered a different instrument ("travel guitar")from one of these and besides taking over a year longer than expected to deliver, it did not live up to expectations. It's very, very hard to get the quality of Yamaha or Roland, and look at what they put out there, it's far from perfect as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vote:
Upvote 0

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom