New Year's Resolution - Grade 5 Theory

Alice

Psychedelic
Subscriber
So two years on I sat my grade 5 theory today. I can't believe how nervous I was. However I'm now experiencing a calm satisfaction and sense of achievement, the exam doesn't matter really apart from a sense of pride but I've studied hard and learnt a lot so am pleased.

Just want to say a big thank you to all who answered my questions over the last couple of years and also to @Pete Thomas and @aldevis who both promptly dealt with some last minute panic misunderstanding last night :)

:thanks3:

Jx
Well done Jeanette! :clapping::thanks3:

Our director/conductor at orchestra has just started grade 5 theory classes before rehearsal on a Thursday. I couldn't make the first two sessions, so am hoping to give it a go if she starts again later. I don't think I'm going to take an exam though!

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Our director/conductor at orchestra has just started grade 5 theory classes before rehearsal on a Thursday. I couldn't make the first two sessions, so am hoping to give it a go if she starts again later. I don't think I'm going to take an exam though!
I made the commitment here to the exam to make me study :)

Jx

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
I'm in shock

Just got my grade 5 theory results......

97% - Distinction :banana::banana::banana::happydance::happydance::happydance:

A real big thank you to all who helped me on this thread and a special thanks to @Pete Thomas and @aldevis who dealt with a last minute panic.

I don't sound any better for it but my understanding of theory has improved :)

Little My

Practice makes better.
Congratulations Jeanette, that's brilliant! Great result!

Oddly, in rehearsal today we were talking about how that theory exam is a huge faff and how the teaching materials for it are so unfriendly, and yet it's such a useful thing to learn, especially for those of us who need to transpose parts for ourselves or others. I think it's probably my second most useful qualification, after passing my driving test.

tenorviol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Congratulations Jeanette, that's brilliant! Great result!

Oddly, in rehearsal today we were talking about how that theory exam is a huge faff and how the teaching materials for it are so unfriendly, and yet it's such a useful thing to learn, especially for those of us who need to transpose parts for ourselves or others. I think it's probably my second most useful qualification, after passing my driving test.
I'm currently looking to do G7 and what training material is available I think is rather poor.

Top Bottom