• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Beginner recording New Age.

Sax4Jesus

Member
Messages
87
Location
Colorado USA
HI SaxCafe, So I've been writing and recording music for a long time. It's really always been a hobby. (I have never gained a sale on any of my works)
I got serious about the saxophone last year and over the span of several years I've had about 6-7 months of consecutive saxophone practice.
Anyway this is the first song I've wriiten that I incorporated real alto saxophone.

Thanks for listening.

This is a link to SoundCloud. Let me know if you get it
New Age Click!
 
There is a tuning problem with the sax consistently about 1/4 tone flat. This can be fixed in edit (since it's consistent). Using some reverb would also help the tone. The tune is extremely basic/repetitive, but I guess that doesn't matter as it's primarily bout the lyrics. There are heaps of courses and tutorials that could help with composition. A good song helps "sell" the lyrics.
 
Those are your ears, not mine
"Attaboys" are great for the ego, but won't help you to get better. Constructive criticism and suggestions from experienced players will. Posting one's recordings online for others to hear is tantamount to asking for feedback, both good and bad. It comes with the territory. 🙂
 
So a little bit of well meant comparison with other (well established and well respected - though clearly not by you) artists and a well meant bit of feedback about your playing gets an overly sensitive 'whadda you know?' style response!!? 😱 Wow.
 

Similar threads... or are they? Maybe not but they could be worth reading anyway 😀

Trending

Latest Song of the Month

Forum statistics

Topics
32,262
Messages
576,067
Members
8,083
Latest member
Reedswinds
Back
Top Bottom