• New!

    Try our new Social Feeds, look out for the navigation icon: . You can now set default social feed view in your account preferences.

Misc instruments Name that instrument contest ~ take one :O)

Messages
128
Location
Seattle, WA
Level
Intermediate
I was taking some pictures for the Woodwind Forum's annual calendar project and thought I'd share one of my out takes. Can you name this instrument. Bonus points for finding a performance with this instrument in it. :mrcool
 

Attachments

  • DSCF0280.webp
    DSCF0280.webp
    13 KB · : 523
When my ex-girlfriend was working in a primary school she once gave a bunch of kids pictures of instruments to write the names of underneath... one paper came back with, under the picture of the trombone, the 'word' Thramp. Technically wrong but- if a trombone wasn't called a trombone, I'd personally condier the thramp an excellent alternative!
 
Fascinating - I love obscure instruments. The nearest I can come up with is a thing called the sudrophone but this looks a lot smaller and simpler. Maybe a soprano version?
 
Pedant's hat on and not wishing to cross swords with Griff, especially in his current occupation, his statement that it is a trumpet, may not be totally true. The two items that distinguish trumpets from cornets and flügelhorns is whether the lead pipe enters the first or third valve and where the flare leading to the bell starts. As such, Keith could be a Trumnet, a Corpet, a Flünet, a Trühorn or any of a number of descriptions.

Apologies for being serious.
 

Trending

Forum statistics

Topics
32,286
Messages
576,809
Members
8,093
Latest member
catct
Back
Top Bottom