All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Saxophones My Tenor Sax now has a baby

PigSquealer

Connoisseur of applesauce
Café Supporter
After a few days adjustment how’s the baby. What type of mouthpiece are you feeding it with. What’s the right amount of fiber?

CliveMA

After a few days adjustment how’s the baby. What type of mouthpiece are you feeding it with. What’s the right amount of fiber?
I play Theo Wanne Gaia 2, 7 tip mouthpiece about an hour per day. I've briefly tried the Yani 5 tip that accompanied it, too.

I think I sound the same on my 2 Sops but I haven't tried to rigorously compare them.

Brief notes:
  • Zero right thumb soreness as all weight on neckstrap.
  • Responds effortlessly including Front F and bell keys, better than 82ZR on high notes.
  • Action not as slick as my 82ZR.
  • Initially more resistant but already I don't notice.
  • Bronze is initially quite heavy to lift but already I don't notice.
  • Left pinky table at different angle to 82ZR and leads me to misfire on the C# key until I get used to the different placement.
  • Palm keys are very close to the sax body, more suitable for a very small hand. At the moment I prefer the 82ZR placement until I get used to Yani.
  • Cleaning is very finicky as everything is so close together, feels much more so than straight soprano. Low D# is almost undryable under its guard (82ZR does not have guard), yet G# is more accessible than on 82ZR. Neck is really narrow for cleaning.

CliveMA

20210223_152643.jpg
out for a daily walk.

Members online

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom