support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

My new soprano sax set up Yanagisawa S6 from 1977 newly fixed up!

thesaxman71

Account Closed
I bought this Yanagisawa S6 1977 model, it came to me a little sad and unloved, needing some TLC so i put some effort into it to fix it up and thought to just to sell it on, BUT, as with us sax players we find a bit of gear that is special, usually by accident, and this is the case here, i have fallen in love with it, maybe the best soprano i have EVER played, and i have been in a lucky enough position (which i am very humble about) to have played the best out there that includes my Yamaha dealership models, Selmer mark vi's, and my most recent flirting was a demo i was asked to do for an Oslo dealer on the latest Bronze Yanagisawa and other models.....

So a long story short, i just finished fixing up this beauty and recorded this to demo what i feel is THE best soprano and mouthpiece set up i have ever played (a big statement given how much top gear i have played and owned)
My mouthpiece is a Guardala hand made original silver plated studio 2 digit serial number, RJS 3S reeds...
this was recorded quickly, and a touch of reverb added live as i wanted to maintain the raw live feel.

enough of the story, here is the playing, all comments welcome!

youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHXgfve1nw8&feature=player_detailpage

soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ian-t-thesaxman71/my-foolish-heart-ian-t-on

Last edited by a moderator:
not really , i still want your 62 to go with my tenor and alto, and a bari, to fill up my set :) i am a greedy hoarder haha

I thought you`d landed a de-laquered purple logo sop a while back ? ... I wondered why Jeanette was warning me to keep mine under my hat in the Sop thread .. (when I find one, still laquered of course) . I`d like a Bronze one if they made one that way I`d have all three finishes ...... that Yani sounds sweet

I thought you`d landed a de-laquered purple logo sop a while back ? ... I wondered why Jeanette was warning me to keep mine under my hat in the Sop thread .. (when I find one, still laquered of course) . I`d like a Bronze one if they made one that way I`d have all three finishes ...... that Yani sounds sweet
Technically I did land one but the seller backed out, so still kinda got an eye open for a YSS62 just to make a set of purple logo saxes :) but the Yani is REALLY good....
And thanks for the comments...

Ads

Have you tried Woodwind Exchange in Bradford he has been known to have a Yss62 in stock.

Jx

Thanks Jeanette , I will when funds recover

BTW Ian, you`ll have to find someone who can replicate the Purple Yamaha logo for your de-laquered horns, they`re not the same de-badged :(

Thanks Jeanette , I will when funds recover

BTW Ian, you`ll have to find someone who can replicate the Purple Yamaha logo for your de-laquered horns, they`re not the same de-badged :(
I always leave the neck logo in tact (tho i am using a saxgourmet copper underslung on my alto) but for the bell I got crayons :)