support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

music composing software

finale

I use finale notepad , band in a box ,and transcrib as i know nothing about sheet music. notes and as my dad is a master at piano you would think some of it would have rubbed of on me . not that lucky:ashamed

www.noteflight.com

Hi,

I thought I'd dig up this old post rather than start a new thread.

I've just come across some online music composing software, you can choose to create, save and print your own stuff privately or share it with others. Having had a quick play I rather like the way you place the note on the stave with the mouse and can change its value using the '[' & ']' keys, [ decreases the value, ] increases the value. Anyway for anyone not wanting to buy any software or who wants to share there scores it might be worth checking out.

Oh, I should say you have to set up an account to try it but setting up the account is not as intensive or as invasive as some sites. The other thing is that you'll need is Flash 10 player but that's free from Adobe and you probably already have it.

NoteFlight

Video Overview

All the best,

Chris

In Finale Notepad is there a way of having a different key signature for each stave on the page.

I would like to do a page of scales etc

mamos

Do you have a button in the main tool pallet that looks like Bb key signature, ie. ♭♭? If so click on that and then double click in the bar you want the new key signature to start on and a dialogue window opens where you can set it.

All the best,

Chris

Tried that but it just chances the key signature for the whole page:(

I am doing something wrong

mamos

Hi Mamos,

I'm not sure I can help then, I'm using PrintMusic so it might be a limitation with NotePad. One last thing you could try is using the same tool but Right Click or 'Ctrl' click and you then just get a list of key signatures to choose from.

Hopefully someone with NotePad will be along shortly and can help you out.

All the best,

Chris

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom