Tutorials

composing backing music for kids cartoon

paul2610

Hi All

One little project I have to do for college is create a 3d cartoon/advert for a kids program - usually I troll the web and find sound effects for backing etc but was thinking I could very well make my own with the sax (seems a good idea). Any way I know for certain genres like rock, blues, action movies etc there is certain tunes, notes or melodies which go with them and I was wondering if any one could stab a guess at what sort of melodie would be right for a kids program.

Obviously perhaps lively and melow but a kick off the starting block would help. Also at the moment I am using a cheap desk mic which crackles all the time, could any one advise me of good quality mic or even have one for sale.

cheers for any help.

Paul

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Paul, I can't really help with the mic, but as for the music, you could try something lively like Yakety sax, or a derivative of it! Could be fun.

Sunray

All Depends .... [Ages, Dosh] ...

Hello Mate ...

Depends on the age of the children ... if toddlers etc then Nursery rhymes are good ...
Something they can pick up on easily ... (Wheels on the bus, Jack n Jill) Bla bla bla ...

If they are a bit older [say 5 to 10] then maybe some well known TV or Movie type music ...

For teens - Modern, Pop etc ... ;}

Similar for your mike problem ... Depends on your budget ...
Here is a link which may help: The Tapers Section Forums [All about recording etc]

Hope that helps Paul :)

thomsax

Andrew Clark (Rock & Roll Saxophone, Saxophone Journal) made a CD for kids for some years ago. I don't know how to get the CD but you can send me a PM for Andrews e-mail so you can contact him.

Thomas

paul2610

funnt really, when I thought of a type of tune or situation for this backing music, the sax player from the muppets came to minds as it slightly humourus but catchy which could sit nicely with my rather crafty charactors who get up to all sorts of mischief. I guess the age group would be 5 to 10 going to the childish adult.

Apologise I've just watch some of "the goodies" and all sorts of wicked ideas are going round my head now!!!

In all this could be fun - I've followed sheet music and even tried to copy tunes I've heard but to make one up and join it in with a story line and graphics.

Top Bottom