support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces Metal Mouthpieces

why do you ask?!

That's a leading question if I ever saw one;}.. After reading so much about people getting " Links " refaced ect. It just seemed to me that no one mentioned the metal yani mouthpiece.
Now I know that's not quite what you wanted to hear Tom ;}. I could have said I bought a T992 last week amd I am on the mouthpiece hunt.. But that wouldn't have got my question answered..btw it does sound good and look good and play very well in the right hands ( not mine yet)..:)

Cheers

Chris

The Yanagisawa Metal Tenor Mouthpiece is very nice. Free blowing easy to control. The most consistent mouthpiece around IMO. It just doesn't give me the sound I'm after.

Links can sometimes be a bit stuffy and may require Morgan floridating it rather than refacing like one often has to do with a Berg. Having said that I've been playing a very nice STM 8* that's been playing out the box flawlessly :)

BTW congrats on yet another Sax :)

Metal Yanis are fantastic, I've had them in sop, alto and tenor, and my 'go to' alto piece is a metal Yani. The tenor ones are very good, beautifully made and seem to be very consistent. Nice, rich tone with brightness on top. Very versatile.

Back
Top Bottom