support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Accessories Long, non-slip strap

fishpond

Locality
Havant, Hampshire
I am using a padded neotech (extra long) at the moment.(needs to be extra long because of a 20" neck)
Problem is when I take it off, I have to adjust it to get it over my head, then, when I put it back on, it seems to slip down 1/2" or so whilst playing, which is very annoying and is difficult to adjust back to where it should be.
Anybody had and got over this problem?.:(

Check out this thread Accessories - Best strap ever!

Loads of peeps here now use this strap. Peter has also done a review - see page 9 or 10 of the thread.

Hopefully it would solve your issue. I had a similar one and now don't. :)

Ian
Many thanks for the info and link.
Just working out what size I need.
:)

Ian
Many thanks for the heads up and the link.
I will order one on monday when I work out the size I need.:)

p.s I had already posted this, but it seems to have disappeared.

Bob, Johann is really nice to deal with. I'm sure if you had a specific request such as longer length he would do all he could to accomodate you. My g/friend actually asked his advice as to which size would be best for me. Cannot commend the guy enough for his help and willingness to ensure your satisfaction. So it might be worth you emailing him.

woody

I agree . I ordered form him today and he apologised for not being able to send it until Monday as the post offices dont open on Saturdays there. He was also very helpful to suggest the right size and type etc. Great service.

That strap that the link goes to appears to still have to be adjusted to get it on and off because it has a sliding piece in it.
I made myself a strap for my alto out of a webbing belt with the sort of standard fastener you get on rucksacks etc, once this had been adjusted to suit you can get it on and off using the fastener.
The only problem was it is not padded so unsuitable for my new tenor till I get that worked out.

That strap that the link goes to appears to still have to be adjusted to get it on and off because it has a sliding piece in it.

Targa, if you are referring to the metal adjuster on the strap, once you have got the position correct for you it doesn't slip. Or mine hasn't yet, and no one else has referred to that as an issue. Once done you can take the strap off an on as many times as you like straight over your head with no further adjustment required. It's not like say a neckachief which you have to readjust every time. It really is a very class product at an extremely good price, that even impressed Pete so much hes devoted a page to it.

woody

Targa, if you are referring to the metal adjuster on the strap, once you have got the position correct for you it doesn't slip. Or mine hasn't yet, and no one else has referred to that as an issue. Once done you can take the strap off an on as many times as you like straight over your head with no further adjustment required. It's not like say a neckachief which you have to readjust every time. It really is a very class product at an extremely good price, that even impressed Pete so much hes devoted a page to it.

woody

Agree with woody, no problem at all and anyway it's so quick to adjust anyway and then just stays there. I had a Neotech XL and like you found it a pain.

I know what you mean about taking it off without changing the adjustment but going back Fishponds opening post he says he has the problem because of his 20" neck so when adjusted it would still have to have a big enough loop which was the problem I found with other straps. I see this one comes as medium or large so does any one know the size in inches so I would know which to order?

measurements are given on the website, but in cms.
I have ordered a M for alto so can let you know if it solves the problem when i get it sometime this week

Thanks Andy.
I'd looked at the products tab where it says s, m, l, not on the contact tab where it gives measurements.

I have been in contact with Johann, and I am assured that the medium will suit my neck and my alto.:)
So it is now paid for and waiting with baited breath, (might buy one later for the tenor, but not so important at the moment).

Paid for yesterday.
Recieved email photograph of parcel all ready to go, this morning.
Impressed so far.:welldone

Mine arrived earlier today.
It may only be a sax strap, but I love it already.
Superb.:welldone

Thread revival.

After using these magical Cebulla straps for a while now do all you users find that they still do not slip? At all?

If that's really the case then can someone get one for me since he doesn't reply to my emails? (Cebulla Deluxe bari sax straps with fibre hook)

Failing that, has anyone come across another strap that doesn't slip? Preferably not padded. I used to have one with a locking mechanism that worked very well (can't remember the make), but it failed fairly spectacularly at a gig once, with bits of plastic flying in all directions. Currently, I'm using these for tenor and bari which are pretty good but they do slip a bit.

Back
Top Bottom