support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Reeds legere synthetic reeds

I have adjusted a few Signatures

My grade school English teacher would have deducted a mark for not catching the misspelling of improves but these days with autocorrect who knows

I've just got myself a tenor Legere reed. I'm intending to play it with my Jody Jazz jet8 but the reed isn't clamping properly using the stock Rico metal ligature. The reason is that the Legere is thinner than my cane and Fibracell reeds, so that the ligature bottoms out before the reed is properly clamped. (ie there's no longer a clearance between the side faces of the ligature. I think I may need to glue a pad to the clamped area of the reed to make it work. Anybody else have similar problems /simple solutions?

I've just got myself a tenor Legere reed. I'm intending to play it with my Jody Jazz jet8 but the reed isn't clamping properly using the stock Rico metal ligature. The reason is that the Legere is thinner than my cane and Fibracell reeds, so that the ligature bottoms out before the reed is properly clamped. (ie there's no longer a clearance between the side faces of the ligature. I think I may need to glue a pad to the clamped area of the reed to make it work. Anybody else have similar problems /simple solutions?
Yes they are thinner, i use a ligature that is able to tighten both Legere's and cane reeds, you could try a pad or maybe put a mouthpiece patch on the top of your mouthpiece or buy another lig that fits.

Thanks chaps - I'll try those solutions and let you know. The Rico lig is otherwise fine but I think they could have designed it to give a bit more side clearances between the clamp flanges for thinner reeds... Dave E

You could fill the gap with two cocktail sticks

Et voilà your Rico lig becomes a satisfyingly expensive Marc Jean
That's similar to an experiment I did except I used matches, if I recall swan vesta were the most successful :)

Jx