- Messages
- 1,506
- Location
- Sussex, UK
Been playing my alto (YAS-25) after about a year off, and having some difficulty sounding low C#/B/Bb which don't sound well or overtone.
Using a PPT 5 it is hard, with the 4C less so, but I fnd the PPT far more sensitive to breath support and voicing than the 4C. I didn't have his problem before and not at all on tenor.
Checked with a leak light and noticed some very slight leaks in the upper stack.
I'm not sure of key/cup naming so simply, when I press A there is a tiny leak from the cup that closes with it and the cup below it.
Press G and a leak from the pad that closes with it, and a leak from G# pad.
Would these leaks make the bell key notes unstable and difficult? I know much of it is me getting used to alto again and the PPT but I'm sure these leaks aren't helping.
Thank you.
Using a PPT 5 it is hard, with the 4C less so, but I fnd the PPT far more sensitive to breath support and voicing than the 4C. I didn't have his problem before and not at all on tenor.
Checked with a leak light and noticed some very slight leaks in the upper stack.
I'm not sure of key/cup naming so simply, when I press A there is a tiny leak from the cup that closes with it and the cup below it.
Press G and a leak from the pad that closes with it, and a leak from G# pad.
Would these leaks make the bell key notes unstable and difficult? I know much of it is me getting used to alto again and the PPT but I'm sure these leaks aren't helping.
Thank you.



My GAS is cured thank you! YTS-32 & Selmer Soloist-E, YAS-25 & PPT-5.