support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Last Band I Played In:

Hal the Elder

Account Closed
Locality
High Mojave Desert in Southern California
Hey, I played in a Senior Citizens band for awhile, and boy, were they lousy!

(Here's a picture of me playing Electric Bass with the group. Three of the men shown are now dead. The piano played died at the age of 101.)

They would all play in unison, because I don't think anyone knew how to harmonize, and they never let anyone take a solo. (Piano, Tenor Sax, Trombone) They just all played the straight melodic line!

They recently brought in a blind guitarist/vocalist, but I hated his attitude more than all the others, and so I quit!

NO MORE will I play with no-talent people!

HAL the ELDER

(How do I get rid of that bottom image?

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited by a moderator:
seems to be a forum bug.

The image seemed to be uploaded twice. I deleted one of them, but in the upload manager was unable to tell which was which, so it seems I deleted the top one.

Hey Hal what make is that Bass your playing? looks a nice piece of kit. I'm always surrounded by guitars in the band. Strat's, Les Paul's, Parker Fly's, etc, i've got a couple of Fenders myself, a strat, and an acoustic. Regarding Bands you need to pick musician's who might be getting on a bit, but are young at heart like yourself. They do exist it's just a case of finding the buggers.
Best of luck Hal.
Regards Rob. :sax: P.S What does the lady play?

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY BOB,

That's a Fender Precision Bass or ("P-Bass") I'm playing. I also have an Upright Bass that I play occasionally...it has steel strings and a magnetic pickup for use with my Bass Amp.

The lady (Sara), also quit, but she was a big complainer anyway. She now sings in the High Desert Community Chorale.

She was our Vocalist and occasional Drummer.

HAL

I just think it's all wrong!

I mean sticking your foot up the tenor sax players bum ("fanny" for you Hal) Poor form Hal, poor form! ;}

HAR HAR HAR!

That's a good 'un, Taz!

Yep...it sure looks like I'm kickin ol' Don in the arse!

HOWL

Back
Top Bottom