support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Just had to say this.....

Pauline

Café Supporter
after all the shenanigans of the last few days I just wanted to say - what a lovely lot you all are..... and what a great forum this is!

I have been a member now for four years and in fact it is the only forum I've ever been a member of (and probably ever will be). As a rather shy person (and definately a mediocre amateur) I have always felt it was a safe place to visit and ask questions, secure in the knowledge that I will always be treated with respect.
I might not post very often but I feel we are all friends together.

Thank you all so much for making this such a friendly forum! :welldone
And special thanks to Pete for creating it in the first place.:welldone

I'm with Pauline on this one.
You are all lovely...hang on, WE are all lovely. :))) :)))

When I joined, it was to glean useful information. I feel it is as a result of learning from you all that I can now answer some of those "newbie" questions that pop up, and feel that I am giving an informed and useful answer. Also, I have learned much more about my playing and tried out suggestions which have helped improve my playing no end.

I'm glad to have met you all :welldone and plan to hang around waiting for my coffee for a long time yet :)))
:sax: :sax:

And 3 cheers for Pete, who handled the situation in a such a mature and graceful fashion, setting an example for us all to follow. This is truly a great community of folks who share the same love of saxophone music regardless of their skill levels or favorite musical genres.

Hi Pauline,

Well said, I am also a keen amateur who just wants to learn, and reassure/assist others as required. I think "Bird" could have been very helpfull to a lot us, unfortunately I think he missed whole point of the forum. Shame as it is good to have highly knowledgable musicians who can teach us all the dark secrets of playing the sax.

Regards Rikki

Well, I haven't been here long: but I enjoy reading the threads on this forum (and have learned a lot) even though I haven't posted much as yet.

It's a nice friendly forum: all of the other (non-sax) forums I go on there is invariably arguing and constant bitchy remarks. This forum has a much more supportive and friendly atmosphere - perfect for someone new to saxophone as the experienced members never make anyone feel stupid for asking basic questions.

Thanks to everyone who is part of this lovely community :)

Please accept my apologies and sincerest regrets for the previous post. My evil twin brother sweet-talked one of the servant wenches into letting him out of the West Tower, where we normally keep him confined as the dungeons have rising damp. He then broke into the computer wing, overpowered the staff and sent that disgusting message.

Of course women should be encouraged to post and even become members of this Forum. Their input on knitting, embroidery, upside down cakes and playing the virginals is extremely informative and valuable.

Rest assured his misogynistic views will not appear here again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please accept my apologies and sincerest regrets for the previous post. My evil twin brother sweet-talked one of the servant wenches into letting him out of the West Tower, where we normally keep him confined as the dungeons have rising damp. He then broke into the computer wing, overpowered the staff and sent that disgusting message.

Of course women should be encouraged to post and even become members of this Forum. Their input on knitting, embroidery, upside down cakes and playing the virginals is extremely informative and valuable.

Rest assured his misogynistic views will not appear here again.

Keep your evil twin under lock and key in future and we will forgive you.:D

It's so nice of you to welcome our input on all things 'woman': how about a cake to celebrate:
main.php

And here's something I made earlier:
sax4w.jpg

I'm glad you understand the problems here at og Towers, but enough of this false modesty, Angie.

Brilliant cake.

Brilliant meerkat. (As the local Neighbourhood Watch Organiser, it was immediately recognisable but please don't tell the locals. They inform me when they are going away on holiday. Wonder how the CaSLM always knows which pads to burgle?)

I am sure your keyboard playing is equally brilliant.

I'm glad you understand the problems here at og Towers, but enough of this false modesty, Angie.

Brilliant cake.

Brilliant meerkat. (As the local Neighbourhood Watch Organiser, it was immediately recognisable but please don't tell the locals. They inform me when they are going away on holiday. Wonder how the CaSLM always knows which pads to burgle?)

I am sure your keyboard playing is equally brilliant.

Ah. I thought 'playing the virginals' referred to some sort of sex role play game that I wasn't aware of >:)

OG - I've warned you before about Barmy Basil !! :shocked: