support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces Just a Thank you to Pete!

Melissa

I have been trying to find my ideal set up for Alto and whilst going through Taming the Saxophone and listening to all the mouthpiece comparisons, I decided to try a Meyer, it has arrived today, that with the RJS on any of my vintage horns has literally thrown me- they did not sound anything like this using the vintage long scroll shank C* I have been using, I thought they would be pretty close together but Wow how very different they are, Thank you for that Pete, very much so, I am simply delighted that I chose your clip comparisons.. If anyone else needs mouthpiece advice the resources Pete has put up are absolutely invaluable.

Now, I can really get down to some seriously noisy practice!

Pete,:thanks3:

I have been trying to find my ideal set up for Alto and whilst going through Taming the Saxophone and listening to all the mouthpiece comparisons, I decided to try a Meyer, it has arrived today, that with the RJS on any of my vintage horns has literally thrown me- they did not sound anything like this using the vintage long scroll shank C* I have been using, I thought they would be pretty close together but Wow how very different they are, Thank you for that Pete, very much so, I am simply delighted that I chose your clip comparisons.. If anyone else needs mouthpiece advice the resources Pete has put up are absolutely invaluable.

Now, I can really get down to some seriously noisy practice!

Pete,:thanks3:

Meyer are the industry standard for alto - Phil Woods, Marc Russo, Cannonball (?) and others can't be wrong.

A lot of the custom mouthpiece makers appear to base their alto designs on the New York Meyers of yesteryear - Phil-Tone, Phil Barone , C.E. Winds, etc,

Another good one to try that Pete recommends is the Eugene Rousseau JDX Jazz Mouthpiece - to me it plays like a Meyer with a bit of an edge to the sound, but not as extreme as the Vandoren Jumbo Javas.

Have fun with the Meyer...

Greg S.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom