All profit supporting   special needs music

Saxophones John Packer sax

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
. We are going to rebuilt the sax again, if we're able!!! We also talked about if it was possible to have a new Martin-like sax manufactoried in China?? With the bell keys on right side and with modern G#, C#, B and Bb mecanism.

With soldered on tone hole chimneys too?

Mamos

Locality
Falmouth Cornwall
I've nothing against Asia/Chinese saxes. Most of the saxes that I've tried sounds and feels good. But I hope we can built saxes in Europe and USA as well in the future. I really like the attemp from the Danish guy Peter Jessen who makes saxes in Denmark.

Thomas

I to would like a European or better still a British made sax

I know the Trevor James Signature Customs and assembled in the UK but I don't know where the parts are made (probably the far east)

I think when the time comes to upgrade to a better sax I will definitely look more closely at the Signature Custom

mamos

thomsax

Locality
Sweden
With soldered on tone hole chimneys too?

Yes, this method is still in use but not saxes. But right now this is just an attemp to see if it's possible.

Instead of going to the local pub/bar and have a beer we use to meet at my place and have beer and rock on our saxes. Lot's of talk (rant?) on this meetings!

We talked about why saxes like "The Martin" are not made any more. There are no sax that can replace a Martin. So I'm sure it can be done, but who will be able to do it?

First we have to resolder the toneholes on my sax and we are going to hard solder the tone holes instead of using silver solder. I have heard that the Martin Company regret that they didn't used hard solder for the tone holes. No more galvanic selected corrosion!

One of us is a former metal worker for the medical surgeon industry (artifical hip joints and things like that) and he knows a lot of metals and he has very nice solder/metal equipment. One of the other guys is former woodwind tech and he hasen't touched his soldering equipment since they were intruduced to each other. ;}

Thomas

Pee Dee

Locality
Dorset
In my band one of the ladies has a bronze and brass tenor. When I saw it I thought must be the much acclaimed Walstein, but it is a John Packer Blue 124, seems larger than the average tenor. She didn't seem to know much about it, any info you buffs?

Result! Well, I did ask. All you need to know about the John Packer sax and more!! Now I know, cheers:welldone

chrisdgreen

The Martin Tenor Neck dimensions

I've nothing against Asia/Chinese saxes. Most of the saxes that I've tried sounds and feels good. But I hope we can built saxes in Europe and USA as well in the future. I really like the attemp from the Danish guy Peter Jessen who makes saxes in Denmark.

I sacrified a "The Martin Tenor" for some month ago. We took of everything from the tube (posts, toneholes) and we are going to mesure up the tube, (thickness, bore) toneholes, neck, bell .... . We are going to rebuilt the sax again, if we're able!!! We also talked about if it was possible to have a new Martin-like sax manufactoried in China?? With the bell keys on right side and with modern G#, C#, B and Bb mecanism. Just a thouhgt, but the Chinese sax-wonder also open up opportunities!?!?!

Thomas

Thomas
Do you have dimensions for the neck tenon and sax serial number, please?
chrisdgreen

Popular Discussions

Top Bottom