support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Beginner Sax John Packer 041

bornfree

Looking to buy first alto sax... its all very confusing... anyone with expereince of the john packer alto - they seem very good value (cheap) but are they worth buying or what... with warranty views please?!!
Thanks

Hi There!

JP and BW and two very reliable firms who have put a good bit of effort in producing quality saxes - 2 of the best under £1000, and much better than some of the "cheaper" stuff that is around. John Packer are a well established firm - I bought a Tenor Trombone from them (JP231/Rath) which, at £365 is easily one of the best under £1000. These are all made under licence in Taiwan, and a lot of effort has gone into training up a skilled workforce under supervision. Just make sure you invest in a decent mouthpiece (Rico Graftonite and Yamaha and two very good cheapies at around £30). I would personally go BW if pushed but would be happy with either.

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Hi there,
I borrowed a jp blues tenor from my saxophone teacher and it was lovely -much better than my rebranded selmer prelude -both in tone and stability round the G,
I bought several trumpet mutes for my sone at christmas and one of the chaps there was great - he demo'd just about there entire stock of mutes over the phone so I could decide what to buy!
I've never been in to the shop but plan to later in the year -I would have thought thr JP avery safe buy and they do the 0% take it away scheme there too which is always handy
good luck