support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

IrealB backings export to audacity

Marcello

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the correct section but here it goes...
I have the IrealB on my ipad. It is an excellent option to practice but if you want to record yourself....:(
To record myself I connect the pad with a speaker and record all in one go (sax+backing)
At the beginning I was happy with it but now a days I am not so happy with the recording quality.
When I record the BOTM, where I have the backing and record only the sax, the result is much better.

So, does anyone here knows how can I export IrealB backing tracks to audacity?
IrealB exports XML files but I can't read them in audacity.

Any clue?

Thanks,
Marcello

You can use audacity like an old cassette recorder. Hit record and then hit play on your track and Audacity will record it. Change the input on audacity from mic to line in. Depending on which version you have.

I did try to open the xml file but it didn't work.
it comes as a less than a second noise.
Does anyone knows if I need to do something different?

Otherwise Colin's suggestion sounds like the most viable to me...;}

cheers

Just tried it. Same problem as you, Audacity doesn't read the musicxml properly. Odd. Sorry, back to Colin's suggestion.

Not sure about Audacity but you can export from iRealb for iPad in other formats (wav, aac & midi). I've attached a screen shot rather than trying to explain. image.jpg

Not sure about Audacity but you can export from iRealb for iPad in other formats (wav, aac & midi). I've attached a screen shot rather than trying to explain. View attachment 2754

Yes. Not sure about iPad but on both Android phone and Mac versions of iRealB I "share" (export) the track to .WAV format and then import this to Audacity (on PC) or drag it into GarageBand on Mac.