support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hunt for Luluna

Lori, are you snowed in in Vermont, not seen you around? Given up the sax already? Not!!! Rgds Phil

I dunno if she's snowed in or not but I am here... 1st winter storm... 3 feet of snow... Sick like a dog (caught the infamous H1N1), can,t play my horn (head will explode if I do)... pain everywhere...

fun fun fun....

Awww - how nice to be missed ♥

I have been away for a while - I think on another planet. My dear Dad passed away November 13 very suddenly - we have all been in shock.

The piece I was rehearsing for the sax quartet "A Closer Walk with Thee" (a ballad that transitions to dixieland) I played as a solo at his funeral on November 25. He bought me my Mark VII, and I thought it fitting I played for him one last time.

We did have the concert at the college on December 10, and I will say I played the hell out of it in the sax quartet. I think I had some extra help. I am inspired to play now more than ever, I'm finding a lot of solace in it and a sore lip to match. :)

The snow is here - and so is the wind (up to 60 mph gusts) - and I am still playing - although the outdoor squirrel chasing will have to wait until the spring.

Thanks for thinking of me - I'm back.

Awww - how nice to be missed ♥

The piece I was rehearsing for the sax quartet "A Closer Walk with Thee" (a ballad that transitions to dixieland) I played as a solo at his funeral on November 25. He bought me my Mark VII, and I thought it fitting I played for him one last time.

Hello Lori,

Another Cafesax member who can't help but to offer my sincere condolences.

I thought I would also post a version of closer walk with thee from Lionel Prevost. I think it was a great and very moving choice.
http://tinyurl.com/bk5bd6

Best Regards

Sad news. My dad bought me my first sax (I was 47 at the time!) and died about 6 months later so I was not then of a standard to be able to pay tribute to him - nice that you could do so for yours.

Really sorry to hear about your dad Lori. I love that tune and I'm sure your dad will have been so proud of your solo. Sincerest condolences to all of your family.

Hi Lori, I too am sorry for your loss. I played "You'll never walk alone" as my dad was brought into the church for his funeral. I don't think I could have played it at any other point in the service. I remember having a practice before the service and I hit every wrong note possible. When the time came to play it for real, I'm sure I had a helping hand as I didn't put a foot wrong.
I felt very honoured to have been able to do it.
Keep your chin up and hold that sax with pride. ;}

I am overwhelmed. Thank you all for your sincere wishes and beautiful messages. I am so grateful for all of them.

Trying to smile more each day - thanks again everyone.

Kindest regards -

Lori

Sad to hear your your news, Lori, but I am sure you did him proud with your playing.
I didn't think of playing something at my wife's funeral...although I wasn't good enough to have done so anyway, it would have been a nice touch.

Dear Lori, i add my condolences to the other members of the CS. As you can see you were missed by all. may i be one of the first to wish you though, and your family a very happy Christmas and new year. I'm sure it must be beautiful in Vermont now. Kind regards, Phil

I have been away for a while - I think on another planet. My dear Dad passed away November 13 very suddenly - we have all been in shock.

We did have the concert at the college on December 10, and I will say I played the hell out of it in the sax quartet. I think I had some extra help. I am inspired to play now more than ever, I'm finding a lot of solace in it and a sore lip to match. :)

Sorry to hear of your father passing, life changing in many ways. it's times like that when what really matter in life surface for extra attention.

Jimu

Lori, sorry I'm a bit late but only just read your sad thread.
Please accept my condolences. Remember, your dad is only just the other side of the veil, and you'll see him again, when it's time.

Hey, got any of that snow spare? We haven't had any yet down in the sunny south. Pick up a snowball and hurl it my way, I'll let you know when it arrives;}

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom