No reason, except I thought fritattas was more specific as a type of omelette. I'm no eggspert.Why “omelettes” and not “frittatas”? Do you have come culinary bias?
No reason, except I thought fritattas was more specific as a type of omelette. I'm no eggspert.Why “omelettes” and not “frittatas”? Do you have come culinary bias?
I say frittata, you say fritatta, let's call the hole thing off.No reason, except I thought fritattas was more specific as a type of omelette. I'm no eggspert.
@Ivan , you posted your question in April, several months ago. Has the sax you were thinking about change considerably in price? Did you purchase it?But, I've recently been in the market for an alto sax and watched the price, new, of a particular make and model rise over a few weeks, even before this week's tariffs were initiated. Given that sax parts for country-specific makes are often sourced from China, it looks to me that even the humble sax might be affected in price or availability, in some, or perhaps all countries... But I ain't an economist, so any informed discussion appreciated
The price has edged up 5% in three months which is faster than inflation and if it continues over a year, might reflect 10% to 20% tariffs... Though it's a tiny sample@Ivan , you posted your question in April, several months ago. Has the sax you were thinking about change considerably in price? Did you purchase it?
What are your impressions now, with 3 months Café community discussion on it?
True, but being a pensioner for the past 13 years, it is getting harder for me to tell the Mrs., "Look what followed me home!" 😉But GAS might take control in the future
You need to get more practice at making excuses. Oddly my wife often encourages me to buy things that I’m dithering about although if it was a sop or a bari she might not as she doesn’t like them. I could probably get away with an alto or a clarinet especially a bass.True, but being a pensioner for the past 13 years, it is getting harder for me to tell the Mrs., "Look what followed me home!" 😉
Or, sneaking things into the house.You need to get more practice at making excuses.


I practice in an outbuilding... Where never the twain (spouse and GAS object) shall meetOr, sneaking things into the house.![]()
When you get another tell her it was a present from your mistress.I practice in an outbuilding... Where never the twain (spouse and GAS object) shall meet
That worked well earlier this year for a new alto. The crunch came when The Better Fraction attended a gig where I was playing the obviously new instrument
I was banking on her level of indignation being soothed by the location on the misty banks of Loch Fyne, and the provision of a particularly refreshing beer on tap in the bar (Jarl)
I got away with a light telling off
This is why in our man caves, "What is spoken here remains here." 😉I practice in an outbuilding... Where never the twain (spouse and GAS object) shall meet
Thanks for the info and observation, @ESJohn . Ergo us paupers will still be playing.The Jean Paul AS400 is going for $609.99 on Amazon today. That's the lowest price that I've seen on it since the tariff question was raised. .... I just don't see much of an impact at the opening price point level. .... and the Glory brand at $209.99 are unchanged .... It could be like the automotive market .... luxury brands that paid the bills.
New? Only for a grandchild. 😉New sax new sax, you posted it twice.

