support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Mouthpieces How can I know

Not to up on links as I've never been able to get on with them, but I can tell you that although there are two rings on that piece it is not what is refereed to as a "double ring link" these have the two rings next to each other rather than apart, and I notice that there is a letter "U" just visible which would mean it's not a "no USA" link, it also has the older and far superior "T" ligature which are much more substantial than the current ones with a longer pressure plate and dome shaped knurled nut.

Looks like a USA STM from Florida. You can just see the U of USA on the shank in pic 4. Table marks look right as well. Might not be the original lig, but it does seem to have the T - seems domed, unlike the ones on TW's page.

But that's a heck of a price. And I may be completely wrong!

See about half way down the page here: http://www.theowanne.com/knowledge/mouthpiece-museum/otto-link

It might be!! But, it way over priced..

Chris..

Thanks guys. Been offered it as a trade worth around £400. But I'm happy with my JJ . But I get the impression that it's probably not such a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want it to collect, then it may be worth a punt. But... If you want it to play, there are excellent reproductions around for a lot less money.

If you want it to collect, then it may be worth a punt. But... If you want it to play, there are excellent reproductions around for a lot less money.

Thanks Kev. And all. But I took the £400 for my CONN CHU NW11 that's in need of an overhaul. And the guy paid already. So all well that ends well.:)

Didn't realise you were selling, looked as if you were thinking of buying. Guess you'll be posting some Chu recordings in a few weeks:thumb:

Didn't realise you were selling, looked as if you were thinking of buying. Guess you'll be posting some Chu recordings in a few weeks:thumb:

Sorry Kev. That's me giving a quick post so I don't get signed out before I finish. So I better hurry up. I had my Conn Chu on eBay for £450 or offer and this chap offered me as a trade his £600 listed link as a straight swap, in an email. Then offered £400 through the eBay make an offer system. So listening to your advice, plus my limited knowledge of Florida links, I took his offer of £400.
Which BTW will only pay for my overhaul of a 10M I got from the US . So you may be hearing some rec of the 10M. :)

Thanks. Have you tried ticking remember me when you log in? Solves the time out problems.

Back
Top Bottom