All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

M/Pieces - Ligs How can I know

Fraser Jarvis

Not to up on links as I've never been able to get on with them, but I can tell you that although there are two rings on that piece it is not what is refereed to as a "double ring link" these have the two rings next to each other rather than apart, and I notice that there is a letter "U" just visible which would mean it's not a "no USA" link, it also has the older and far superior "T" ligature which are much more substantial than the current ones with a longer pressure plate and dome shaped knurled nut.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Looks like a USA STM from Florida. You can just see the U of USA on the shank in pic 4. Table marks look right as well. Might not be the original lig, but it does seem to have the T - seems domed, unlike the ones on TW's page.

But that's a heck of a price. And I may be completely wrong!

See about half way down the page here: http://www.theowanne.com/knowledge/mouthpiece-museum/otto-link

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
It might be!! But, it way over priced..

Chris..

Jamesmac

Thanks guys. Been offered it as a trade worth around £400. But I'm happy with my JJ . But I get the impression that it's probably not such a good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
If you want it to collect, then it may be worth a punt. But... If you want it to play, there are excellent reproductions around for a lot less money.

Jamesmac

If you want it to collect, then it may be worth a punt. But... If you want it to play, there are excellent reproductions around for a lot less money.

Thanks Kev. And all. But I took the £400 for my CONN CHU NW11 that's in need of an overhaul. And the guy paid already. So all well that ends well.:)

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Didn't realise you were selling, looked as if you were thinking of buying. Guess you'll be posting some Chu recordings in a few weeks:thumb:

Jamesmac

Didn't realise you were selling, looked as if you were thinking of buying. Guess you'll be posting some Chu recordings in a few weeks:thumb:

Sorry Kev. That's me giving a quick post so I don't get signed out before I finish. So I better hurry up. I had my Conn Chu on eBay for £450 or offer and this chap offered me as a trade his £600 listed link as a straight swap, in an email. Then offered £400 through the eBay make an offer system. So listening to your advice, plus my limited knowledge of Florida links, I took his offer of £400.
Which BTW will only pay for my overhaul of a 10M I got from the US . So you may be hearing some rec of the 10M. :)

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
Thanks. Have you tried ticking remember me when you log in? Solves the time out problems.

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom