All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Saxophones Help, GAS Is Attacking And Won't Go Away

PigSquealer

Connoisseur of applesauce
Subscriber
If you can’t find something to buy does making parts on a 3-D printer count as gas. I’ve made a couple mouthpiece caps. A half dozen reeds and a end plug.

Lucille

But will it make him happy?
An interesting question. He has the freedom to choose a path that may bring happiness, but may also lead to adverse consequences which he must face. And where is the line between being consumed by something you like, and being addicted? Isn't it Gear Acquisition Syndrome, and not Gear Addiction Syndrome?

PigSquealer

Connoisseur of applesauce
Subscriber
07EE832D-EF48-4065-B120-5747F94488CF.jpeg
FFE53DAF-1C5E-47D4-B81B-9B1A98B2992A.jpeg

Dr G

An interesting question. He has the freedom to choose a path that may bring happiness, but may also lead to adverse consequences which he must face. And where is the line between being consumed by something you like, and being addicted? Isn't it Gear Acquisition Syndrome, and not Gear Addiction Syndrome?

FWIW, the acronym was first used as Guitar Acquisition Syndrome.

motteatoj

Of all my horns I play alto the least, which, apparently, is why i thought it a great idea to buy another. It was not on my "list", which is all silver naked lady Conns only. This one is nickel ;), so you can see how the rationalization took over.

Dr G

Does anyone take a cold shower, pinch cheeks, drink a cuppa coffee or call a friend before making such decisions?

Actually, I bought the alto just before I moved to my new region in the hopes that it would prove useful in getting more playing opportunities. Between C-19 shutting things down and arthritis in my left hand making alto a pain to play, I've decided to liberate my Borgani Jubilee alto.

Jimmymack

Actually, I bought the alto just before I moved to my new region in the hopes that it would prove useful in getting more playing opportunities. Between C-19 shutting things down and arthritis in my left hand making alto a pain to play, I've decided to liberate my Borgani Jubilee alto.
You're just fanning the flames and you know it.

eb424

If only it was that easy. Have you tried the personal column or Tinder? Now that Craigslist no longer publishes such ads those seem to be the only ways to find a partner.
Yep but i forgot whether it was swipe to the left or right...ended up on sssoo many dates with girls thhat just werent right...hmm maybe if id swiped right on e bay i wouldnt have so many saxes..

Jazz Is All

I learned that when I stop looking for new horns, I buy fewer.
Are you trying to say that if a person doesn't go looking for what is available to buy they probably won't buy anything simply because they won't know that it is there to buy?? Impossible! That's too revolutionary a concept to be real or believable. Nobody could ever believe such a thing.

Top Bottom