support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hello

I fully understand your boredom with the trumpet. It's a really boring instrument and trumpet players are boring people. It for people who can't count higher than three. Thus it only has three buttons.

Just kidding! :)))

I have a pocket trumpet that I bought about a year ago or so. When I first started with it I thought that it was going to be impossible to play. Of course part of that is because it's a really cheap instrument, plus they say that pocket trumpets are a lot more difficult to play than the standard size trumpet.

Anyway, I kept going back to it off and on, learning a few more pieces every time. I just got it out today after not having played it in a while and I'm truly amazed at how well I'm doing with it now. Far better than I remember. I'm actually making noise that sounds remarkably like "music" dare I say.

But I do see your point when comparing a trumpet to a sax. The sax is by far the more interesting instrument if only because of the multitude of buttons and levers to push. I'm really enjoying learning the different ways that a single note can be played on the sax. It makes it really nice to be able to chose fingerings that flow more smoothly.

Dare I suggest also that the sax embouchure is a bit easier for me to deal with. If only because I can play a far wider range of notes on the sax right off the bat. With the trumpet increasing my range was a major undertaking and continues to be so for the higher octaves.

Having said all of the above I can't truly say that I play either instrument. I'm just playing around with them. But I'm making progress.

Welcome to the sax cafe. :sax:

Welcome. Trumpet is really cool, if only because you can play it using only one hand. Just think of the things you could do with the other - hold a fag, or a drink................................er, that's probably about it.

Hey Hey Woolyhead ... [Great Name] ... ;}

Good to see you here mate ...

I am from Norfolk in the UK ... A total n00b to Music and the Saxophone ... :w00t:

I started around June time this year ...

Great init ...

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom