All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hello

woolyhead

Hello everyone. I'm a newish player and the instrument fascinates me. I used to play trumpet but I became bored by it. Hope to keep in touch.

saxnik

Hi there, and welcome.
Or at least you will be unless you tell TomMapfumo you're bored with brass!

Nick

Fraser Jarvis

Hi Woolyhead, i to used to play the Trumpet....over 30 years ago that is, i cant think for the life of me why i packed it up though!

Sweet Dreamer

I fully understand your boredom with the trumpet. It's a really boring instrument and trumpet players are boring people. It for people who can't count higher than three. Thus it only has three buttons.

Just kidding! :)))

I have a pocket trumpet that I bought about a year ago or so. When I first started with it I thought that it was going to be impossible to play. Of course part of that is because it's a really cheap instrument, plus they say that pocket trumpets are a lot more difficult to play than the standard size trumpet.

Anyway, I kept going back to it off and on, learning a few more pieces every time. I just got it out today after not having played it in a while and I'm truly amazed at how well I'm doing with it now. Far better than I remember. I'm actually making noise that sounds remarkably like "music" dare I say.

But I do see your point when comparing a trumpet to a sax. The sax is by far the more interesting instrument if only because of the multitude of buttons and levers to push. I'm really enjoying learning the different ways that a single note can be played on the sax. It makes it really nice to be able to chose fingerings that flow more smoothly.

Dare I suggest also that the sax embouchure is a bit easier for me to deal with. If only because I can play a far wider range of notes on the sax right off the bat. With the trumpet increasing my range was a major undertaking and continues to be so for the higher octaves.

Having said all of the above I can't truly say that I play either instrument. I'm just playing around with them. But I'm making progress.

Welcome to the sax cafe. :sax:

dooce

Welcome. Trumpet is really cool, if only because you can play it using only one hand. Just think of the things you could do with the other - hold a fag, or a drink................................er, that's probably about it.

Sunray

Hey Hey Woolyhead ... [Great Name] ... ;}

Good to see you here mate ...

I am from Norfolk in the UK ... A total n00b to Music and the Saxophone ... :w00t:

I started around June time this year ...

Great init ...

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Big welcome fom me too. I much prefer teh sound of a sax to the trumpet. Or any of the other brass instruments (with the possible excepion of the french horn). Have fun, shout loud and play louder!

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff, Woolyhead.

It is possible to play a trumpet and a flügelhorn at the same time.

ENJOY!

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom