support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Haynes Saxophone Manual

Chris98

I knew Stephen Howard was working on the Haynes Saxophone Manual[/URL] and he did say it would be available around Christmas.

500 colour illustrations, I bet that took a fair bit of time to do.

I'm sure that sliver saxophone on the cover looks a little familiar.

Yep - it's due out any day now!

I can't wait myself - although I've seen the proofs ( and written the thing! ) I won't quite believe it until I have a copy of the book in my hands. It'll mark the end of two years of hard graft ( something I'm not used to! ).

It seems to be available from a number of places at various prices, but if anyone fancies a signed copy I'll be selling them via my website in due course.

As for the horn on the front cover, it's the Bauhaus-Walstein pro horn - the tenor is used in the book for the articles. I took a number of test shots of various horns and the BW looked the best by far.

Regards,

I wanted to put in a dedication to the great Minnie Banninster, but I got caught out by the Great Ink Shortage. By the time I managed to buy a small quantity from Messrs. Thynne % Moriarty I'd succumbed to the Spon Plague and had to spend a week at the Goosey % Bawkes Sanitorium for Distressed Vagabonds and subsequently missed the publication date.

Regards,

Yep - it's due out any day now!

It seems to be available from a number of places at various prices, but if anyone fancies a signed copy I'll be selling them via my website in due course.

Stephen, what are the chances on that option having delivery before Christmas?

When the season of goodwill to all men degenerates into the traditional row over a game of monopoly, granny hovers hopefully under the mistletoe, and the cat does something unpleasant in the dining room it would be good to be able to retire to a quiet room and seek calm with a good book.

Yes please Sir

.. put me down for one:D should get my new BW Tenor any day now. I'm sure it will come with a basic operators manual, but you cant beat a Haynes if you want to get down and dirty! Popping the bonnet is one thing, but correct fluid levels, pressures and gasket changing, well you cant do it without a good manual!:welldone

The publication date is 'any day now' - and I've reserved a number of copies, so there shouldn't be any problem with delivery well before Crimbo.

Regards,

What about an author's signing session possibly at a local literary establishment that serves beer ?

Rhys

PS I like the story of the important author who wrote a dedication to "Emma Chiset" after misunderstaning the approach of a potential reader who wanted to know the price.

It's on my xmas list though mrs hd said immediately - "Choosing, why do you need a book on choosing a saxophone - you already have one" >:)

Of course I reminded her of the title 'Choosing, setting up and maintaining a saxophone '. Seems she's forgotten about the saxello already.

I have received a copy of the Haynes manual from Amazon priced at about £13, most interesting. The cover picture is of a BW sax. Haven't studied it in detail yet but at first skip-through it looks good enough to allow someone to do more than basic maintenance.

Cheers

Martin

Received my signed copy from Stephen this morning.

Thanks Stephen and just realised, after thinking about an ex called Stephanie, why we shouldn't shorten your name. ;}

Now if I can get Pete to autograph his picture, will enter it for next year's Turner Prize. :)

Seriously, looks a really good read but why does the BW silver alto on the front have bits that seemed to have been ordered originally for the Hanson range? :D

Mine arrived yesterday. Super book. The last Haynes manual I bought was for my Landrover, 20 years ago. What a difference. Content is just as good - or better. But the paper's a lot better. It's colour instead of murky B&W. And really well written. :welldone:welldone:welldone

Just one problem, and it's a serious one - I'm not allowed to have it until Christmas. :(