All profit supporting   special needs music

Greetings from the frozen north...

Strobe

Strobe

Locality
Scottish Borders
Hi Mellowman
I bet you're good at keeping warm. I'm from French Canada, where global warming is playing havoc with the freezing as far north as the Laurentian Mountains. I stay in the Scottish Borders where we're waiting for the onslaught of the freezing. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Di in France

Di in France

Locality
France
Hi Mellowman, welcome to the forum.
Hey, what are the chances - I have a Yani A9932Z peter king alto too, it's a fantastic horn! It's a shame i don't play it more often, but I have a Yani A8833 as backup and really enjoy playing that.
Where abouts on Orkney are you, I used to go there regularly to visit relatives.

N

navarro

Locality
LONDON
Hi Melloman and welcome to the cafe. Regds N.

Mellowman

Mellowman

Locality
Orkney
Hi Mellowman
I bet you're good at keeping warm. I'm from French Canada, where global warming is playing havoc with the freezing as far north as the Laurentian Mountains. I stay in the Scottish Borders where we're waiting for the onslaught of the freezing. I look forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks Strobe

This year it seems the rest of the planet is getting the interesting weather, rather than us! We've had no real storms or snow, and the flooding was nowhere on the scale down south - touch wood...

Mellowman

Mellowman

Locality
Orkney
Hi Mellowman, welcome to the forum.
Hey, what are the chances - I have a Yani A9932Z peter king alto too, it's a fantastic horn! It's a shame i don't play it more often, but I have a Yani A8833 as backup and really enjoy playing that.
Where abouts on Orkney are you, I used to go there regularly to visit relatives.

Hi Di - us A9932Z owners are indeed in a most exclusive club :)

I've probably come across your Orkney relatives too, having been there 25 years. I stay in the parish of Orphir, 5 miles from Kirkwall.

I'm about to go shopping for a backup/everyday horn and will post my findings here on the forum...

Di in France

Di in France

Locality
France
My relatives lived on south ronaldsay for a few years, beautiful up there, but windy!
Where will you shop for a back-up, do you have some good music shops?

Mellowman

Mellowman

Locality
Orkney
My relatives lived on south ronaldsay for a few years, beautiful up there, but windy!
Where will you shop for a back-up, do you have some good music shops?

I know South Ronaldsay well - it's one of the 'linked' south isles, and has had a major economic boost due to a new fast ferry service being based there.

It's all fiddles, guitars and bagpipes here, so I have to go south for my sax fix. Indeed, I've just bought a P. Mauriat PMXA-RUL from Curly Woodwind, Liverpool, who were very helpful - I'll post a review when I get a spare moment!