All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Greetings from the frozen north...

Mellowman

Hello there from Orkney :)

I've been a full-time woodwind teacher for around thirty years, but thought I'd show my face around somewhere more UK-centric...

Lots of experience on the sax and all other woodwinds, but there's always something new to learn. Feel free to ask any questions!

I've had lots of saxes over the years, including a mint 1960 Selmer Mk VI alto, but currently play on a Yanagisawa A9932Z 'Peter King' alto and a Dave Guardala 501CL Goldbrass tenor.

I've also played and sold early musical instruments and am a frequent visitor to Frankfurt Musikmesse, where I've enjoyed trying out the latest saxes.

I'm currently looking at a new alto to save any damage to the Yani, which is really too valuable to use daily, especially in school!

David

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Hi David,

You make me feel like a southerner.
Welcome from the sunny south.

Would love to hear what your Pete King Alto sounds like.

Andy

Mellowman

Thanks for the welcomes! Yes, if I get a minute over the hols I'd be delighted to record some sounds and share a few pics - watch this space...

I'm also hoping to try a few saxes out in the New Year, and have trip to Hanson's planned.

Mellowman

Have fun at Hanson's. I recently bought an ST8 in silver/gold and it's a beaut.
I'm after an inexpensive horn for teaching use, so the Hanson pro range look ideal. I've heard great things about the Bauhaus Walstein pro saxes too. Will report back in due course...

Mellowman

Welcome to the cafe, if you are looking for an alto check out Hanson's Monarch.:)

Jx
This is a most intriguing range and concept. The Monarch website is curiously underdeveloped and there's no real detail or independent verification to the grand claims. Maybe the Taiwanese are getting close to making a decent copy - let's not forget the Japs did the same before they forged their own way.

Has anyone on here played the Monarch saxes?

TomMapfumo

A Big Welcome to Cafe Sax from The Skabertawe Reggae Orchestra down by yer in Gowerland! Get a Jericho Alto sax if you want good and cheap. Get a Buffet A400 if you want a cheap world beater. Get a Bauhaus Walstein if you want to belong.

Have a Cool Yule!
Kind regards
Tom

trimmy

One day i will...
A warm welcome from 'The pool of life' :D

I have a 2nd hand Hanson SA8 and love it

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Mellowman.

Do you ever fancy getting raunchy?

ENJOY!​™