support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

First public outing

davhudson

Feeling quite proud of myself today. I did my first real public performance.
This was with the dixie band that my teacher runs - the Fenny Stompers.

I only did two numbers:-
  • Bei Mir Bis du Shoen
  • Sentimental Journey
but did do a solo in Bei Mir.

I was shaking like a leaf and only fluffed a bit in Sentimental Journey.

Perhaps next time I will start to enjoy it instead being terrified!

Well done:welldone

Now you have done it once it should be easier next time.

Is it going to be a regular thing?

mamos
Thanks - I hope so.

Regular - not with the Fenny Stompers as they are a Dixie Jazz band and although I do not mind that music it is not my favourite. I think I will be able to play with them a few more times this year though.

I am at that difficult stage where I can play a bit but am not yet good enough to hack it. I am looking for more places to play though.

One thing that strikes me is there seems to be lots of alto sax players about (that is what I play) and not as many tenors. I was thinking of getting a tenor and it might give me more opertunities to play.

What do people think?

It seems that the Bari is rather unexplored but in my opinion a tenor and alto are far more wieldy, therefore more popular, i may be wrong though. I play tenor and we outstrip alto players in my band, the are always complaining we are too loud. Ifeel sorry for our clarinetists as we can never hear them.

I am looking for more places to play though.

Hi Dave, I'm glad you had fun, but the Fenny Stompers do sound like a hard act to join, how about coming along to a jam in Rugby on Wednesday? I go along most weeks and I'm the only sax player I've ever seen there. I play tenor with ocasional alto thrown in for good measure. I know that Rugby is a bit of a treck from MK, but you'd be very welcome.
Oh yeah, and if you play, you get a free drink! :sax: = :cheers: = :welldone

Hi Dave, I'm glad you had fun, but the Fenny Stompers do sound like a hard act to join, how about coming along to a jam in Rugby on Wednesday? I go along most weeks and I'm the only sax player I've ever seen there. I play tenor with ocasional alto thrown in for good measure. I know that Rugby is a bit of a treck from MK, but you'd be very welcome.
Oh yeah, and if you play, you get a free drink! :sax: = :cheers: = :welldone
Thanks.
  • How many people go along?
  • What other instruments do they have?
  • What sort of music?

David