Big Day - first time in public with sax

PeakeCentral

Locality
Tewkesbury
Well, today was the first day I performed in public* for a long time. Our school jazz band was playing at Cheltenham Jazz Festival, so it was time to step up.

Overall, brilliant. The time flew by, I managed a couple of solos, and it was over before we knew it. I feel really lucky to work at a school with a great music department who encourage people like me to play. Good job most of the kids are better than I!

Martin

*first time with a sax, that is.

Great news, it's always good to hear of successes :)

Jx

Agree with Taz, there will be no stopping you now. Well done

Taz, Sue, I believe you may be quite correct! Watching The Commitments the night before didn't help, though...

Taz, Sue, I believe you may be quite correct! Watching The Commitments the night before didn't help, though...

I bloody love that film. I've watched it so many times that no one will watch it with me anymore cos I quote it all the way through and get on everyone's nerves. I don't care cos I can sing as loud and as off key as I like along to all the great tunes. My favourite line is "on a fekkin Suzuki?"

Anyway keep playing, it's addictive

• Funny
Reactions: Taz
I bloody love that film. I've watched it so many times that no one will watch it with me anymore cos I quote it all the way through and get on everyone's nerves. I don't care cos I can sing as loud and as off key as I like along to all the great tunes. My favourite line is "on a fekkin Suzuki?"

Anyway keep playing, it's addictive
:rofl:

My favourite line is "on a fekkin Suzuki?"

Colm Meaney at his best - with his picture of Elvis above the one of the Pope.

One of my sons said something before the gig, and I just had to say "I'm sorry you doubt me, brother Rabbitte".

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Martin :clapping:

I was listening to clippets of the jazz festival on radio 2, seems a great festival to visit.

I was listening to clippets of the jazz festival on radio 2, seems a great festival to visit.

We went to see two totally different acts. Jamie Cullum was amazing, with a host of amazing musicians making a hell of a noise and some great sax solos. Then on Saturday it was Robert Cray with his other three band members. Both memorable events.