support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Finally did it last night....i joined a band!

Mel...Melisa? Mellanie?....

Don't laugh ......... my name is Melody.

Yes when i started out 5 years ago i would have never have dreamed I'd be in a band like this now or ever, just got to focus yourself and have belief in yourself.

When i started out i kind of stumbled across a local pro (who I've since got to know a bit) playing in one of the pubs in the village, i was absolutely blown away! i bought a sax for £100 on e-bay and must admit i didn't even know how to hold it it looked so complex, then found a teacher that didn't work out, then i was told of an old jazz player litterly just a few miles up the road, went and introduced myself and never looked back, usually spending most of the afternoon at his house and not being allowed to go home until i "got it".

WOW does he want another student? LOL

Our band The Splitters are playing the Oxjam festival in Leicester on the 20th if your about come and say hello.

I would except that I already have something on all day in Loughborough. PM me with other gigs and I'll endeavour to get to one real soon.

Good look with the training orchestra, must admit I've not heard of it wear abouts is it held and who runs it?

Take a look here, http://www.charnwoodconcertbands.co.uk for details of all three sections of the Charnwood gang, who the musical directors are, where and when etc. The site is currently being revamped so there will be a fair few changes running over the coming weeks, and hopefully be so much better yet.

Don't laugh ......... my name is Melody.
Thats nice and like mine, very different to the norm, if i'm not mistaken thats a Jamaican name isn't it?

WOW does he want another student? LOL
Not sure i can ask if you want me to, he's retired (ish) pm me if your serious and I'll give you his number.

I would except that I already have something on all day in Loughborough. PM me with other gigs and I'll endeavour to get to one real soon.
Not a problem and will do!

Take a look here, http://www.charnwoodconcertbands.co.uk for details of all three sections of the Charnwood gang, who the musical directors are, where and when etc. The site is currently being revamped so there will be a fair few changes running over the coming weeks, and hopefully be so much better yet.
The only name i recognize on there is Judy Nicol who plays lead alto in Leicester big band, my teacher was lead tenor until poor health forced him to quit, he's ok now though..

Back
Top Bottom