All profit supporting  special needs music education

Only gone and joined a band

TheCureFan

Locality
westcountry England
first rehearsal last night and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, despite being thrown in the deep and being very nervous. There's no having a play through of pieces at slow speed then building it up as i do in lessons with new pieces. Nope straight in full tempo etc etc. Got lost on a few bits especially fast passages that came after a long rest (one piece has a 20 bar rest for saxes) but managed to get myself back in. That piece really showed my week point of my poor ability to count. Must have done ok though as they've not said to never darken they're doorstep again and I've even been invited by the sax players to join their ensemble. Next rehearsal 2 weeks

Last edited:

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
That's great. Nothing like playing in a band to bring you on. You'll enjoy the sax ensemble too. Well done and onwards and upwards.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Café Supporter
Locality
Whitchurch, North Shropshire UK
Well done. I could do with joining a sax ensemble...

Little My

Practice makes better.
Locality
Wiltshire, UK.
Excellent! Your counting will come on in leaps and bounds now! Have fun :)

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Really pleased for you, it's a totally different game playing with others as you have found out but fun with the right people :)

Jx

zelda

On the border
Locality
British Columbia interior, Canada
Congratulations! There's something about being in a band!

Last edited:

Colin the Bear

Locality
Burnley bb9 9dn
When you've got used to the repertoire and have played it a dozen or so times, you'll know where to come in for your bit. No conductor or leader?

Top Bottom