support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Favourite pieces to play

chris13

Locality
devon
I know people have suggested having a review’s/ favourite’s section for music they’re listening to and recomending, and for other people to leave their own comments etc etc, but how about also (if it is possible) having a section on favourite pieces to play, with what style it's in, speed of key changes, with possibly a difficulty rating (i.e. ideal for complete novice...)

What does everyone else think about the above

:sax:;}:sax:

PS Pete, is there any chance of having any sound files posted for any of the above so people can here how everthing sounds, or would that incur costs

Many thanks

Chris

:w00t::sax::mrcool

I think the piece I get the most out of at the moment is probably Little Richards "Lucille." I play in a seven piece rock and roll band and we use this to introduce the band. I do the introductions (Its the only time I'm allowed to use a mic other than for the sax) and I get introduced last, so by the time the tune has worked its self around to me, it's really rocking, having built it's self into a bit of an animal! By the time I play my solo, I'm standing on the piano giving it large ones on the horn....... I love it.

If any one's interested, Johnny and the Zephyrs are playing at The Granville at Barford, not far from Leamington Spa. Kids go free and adults are £5

the Date is the 30th of August

The address is:

The Granville @ Barford
52, Wellesbourne Road
Barford
Warwickshire
CV35 8DS

We're on at 4 till 9. It would be great to see some of you there!

PS Pete, is there any chance of having any sound files posted for any of the above so people can here how everthing sounds, or would that incur costs

I did try that with the old forum for a while, but there are problems with server/database space and bandwidth costs.

Also it makes the forum vulnerable to legal issues around copyright.

Faves- Harlem Nocturne + Sam Butera's version of Boulevard of Broken Dreams.. two great R&B pieces for playing really sleazily..... which suits me down ot the ground!

Another thought I have, how about a recommendations page for teaching books and DVD's

Another thought I have, how about a recommendations page for teaching books and DVD's

I have done some recommendations on the main site, but no harm in starting a thread here on recommendations (In the teaching section)

I did try that with the old forum for a while, but there are problems with server/database space and bandwidth costs.

Also it makes the forum vulnerable to legal issues around copyright.

Thought there might be problems along those lines; oh well, the best ideas always seem to die a young death :(

oh well, the best ideas always seem to die a young death
:(

Chris 13
Not true, just morph it into something that works for you, or leads to another idea which will work!
read your own signature:w00t:
Cheers
Jimu

Back
Top Bottom